Respect your Elders - they just moved up a class!

by unclebruce 26 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

I remember that article. I had a copy of it when 2 jws came to the door. I couldn't have timed it more perfectly. They started their presentation using that very watchtower.. and I said..."can I ask you a question?... who do you give glory to?" They said "God, of course". I said "Yes, and we shouldn't glorfy man, right?" They agreed. I asked if I could show them something in the magazine... She handed it over, and I read her the part where it says to give glory to the elders. One of the women was older...and she jumped right in and said...."oh that's not the way it is" I asked her why they would put it in print if it wasn't true...she had no answer...just the deer in the headlights look... The other woman was younger and she looked horrified. I said to her "I think you should look into that." She said she would.

Coffee

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    Oh wow.... that's ALL their already inflated ego's need.

I can totally see the Elders I know taking this and running with it.

AMEN to THAT! This is a classic case of the "parents" being responsible for the behavior of their "brats."

Besides......aren't these some of the "earthling men" their very own scriptures tell them NOT to trust?

Frannie (of the "rolling her eyes" class)

• Honesty
    Honesty

For the JW's who do not believe the elders think they are 'Glorious ones'....

I had two sisters on two different occasions tell me of one elder who refers to himself as 'One of the Princes' on earth. I also had a brother tell me that the same elder told him the same thing.

Whacko's, I say.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Normally,in the natural course of things the cream will float to the top,in the Jehovah's Witnesses it's the flunky scum that floats to the top.-Danny Haszard

• trevor
    trevor

Elders now are "Glorious Ones"

How utterly ridiculous.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

All hail the Glorious Ones!!!

• greendawn
    greendawn

It shows how casually the FDS juggles around verses in order to promote its agenda, they are perhaps doing it to cajole the elders who may be tired of the paradise that never comes and the many duties they have to perform for the org without any tangible reward.

• unique1
    unique1

I never would have noticed that. Shows you how much attention I paid. Thanks.

• Woodsman
    Woodsman

Its the subtle setup to having the great crowd run the org when the annointed can't or are all dead. By applying scriptures once only applied to the annointed to the great crowd they will be able to pull it off.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

Pictures every elder I ever knew in his 'birthday suit'.

*rolls on the floor, laughing maniacally, holding sides* GLORIOUS ONES?... hahahahahahahahaha

What utter b*&^*hit! These people are truly delusional... Oh, my poor father....

*considers the possibility that I may be missing the point* *considers all the good that these men have done in the lives of their sheeple*

"hmmmm..."

*says it one more time to test the effects* "glorious ones."

Bwahahahahahaha Nope, it's still a stupid idea...

Jean

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit