Help!!!!! How do I get out of vacation?

by collegegirl21 31 Replies latest jw friends

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

Okay, so spring break is coming up soon. I just got off of the phone with my JW mother (I'm still in the religion), and I found out that although I'm in college and was planning on going somwhere else for my spring break, that I now have to go down to Memphis, TN with her, my dad and my 2 non-believing aunts and 1 non-believing uncle in an SUV from Wisconsin. I then have to stay with them for 5 days while my granddad and my mom fight over scriptures (my granddad is a 7th Day Adventist) and do nothing. Oh but wait, I will not just be doing nothing, they have just informed me that I will have to go out in service (I have not gone out in service since last summer - wait, one Saturday in Oct. for 2 hrs) with a congregation I have never met and I will have to go to meetings because according to my mom, "I NEED THE ASSOCIATION."

Now what am I supposed to do? I have tried everything I could to get out of it, but now I have to help my ministerial servant dad drive down there. Please help me or give me advice for what to do so I won't kill them and confess that I hate the religion and I don't believe it.... SUGGESTIONS NEEDED!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Tell them you have some college work assignments and essays to do

• serendipity
    serendipity

Can you use illness as an excuse? Maybe bad cramps?

• damselfly
    damselfly

I agree with stilla, make up an urgent assignment or presentation that just had to get done. Or say you got a job and need to work that week.

If all else fails at least your "worldly" relatives will be along for the ride?

Sorry girl Great Pic though!

Dams

• kid-A
    kid-A

I thought all you college girls headed down to Daytona or Cancun for spring break??? I think stilla is right, the only way out is to come up with some clever excuses

regarding upcoming essays, exams or projects that require your undivided attention over the break. Probably not too late to book a flight to Cancun though!

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

I tried the whole school thing (she said I can do the work while driving) and she knows I'm not working because I took off because I was going to go to Daytona, but my mom stopped that immediately. And I can't play the sick card because I'm sick right now and if I get worse my mom said I was definitely going with her so she could keep an EYE on me...

• damselfly
    damselfly

Momma's on a mission to save you from the world, I doubt you're going to get out of this.

• DigitalFokus
    DigitalFokus

Try this one,

No, your an adult and can make your own choices. Say that your school work is not somthing that can be done on the road. Your 20 years old and can make up your own mind. But don't waste your youth following someone elses orders.

DF

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Remember what Nancy Reagan said: Just say NO!

• blondie
    blondie

Are the rest of the JW family going "out in service"? If not, then why should you?

What will happen if you don't go? Is there a financial tie/blackmail going on?

I would just get sick, after all you won't be doing anything else fun, right?

Ask yourself, am I ready to cut the ties?

Blondie (been there, done that)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit