Working with STUPID PEOPLE!

by jojochan 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

Oh- I SOOO know where you're coming from!

I worked in the accounting department of a local bank for a few years. The Officer of the department thought it would be a good idea to hire someone straight from housewares at the local department store. The girl didn't even know how to turn on the computer, and they expected her to balance accounts???

I can feel my blood pressure rising just thinking about the inbred people in that place.

I got out and started my own business... I LOVE my coworkers... me, myself, and I, and I never have to talk to anyone face to face... it's all done online. I go to work in my pajamas and can cruise online discussion boards to my hearts content. I friggin LOVE it!

• jojochan
    jojochan
    I HATE WORKING WITH STUPID PEOPLE! (...)

all the good ones escaped.
    I didn't say anything. ;-)

LOL!

But jgnat you're right. Maybe it's time I DID move on. MAybe start a small business so I don't have to work so much.

crawl before I walk i guess.

jojochan.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Oh yes, a captive audience for all those hours is OH so painful. At least in my job I work at the computer all day so I can put on the headphones, crank up the tunes and put them on IGNORE!

Sherry

• loosie
    loosie

LOL I feel that way everyday.

I work in Tech Support.

I spent 30 mins telling one person, how to plug in one phone cord to the wall jack. It's not rocket science, people. Just common sense.

• John Doe
    John Doe

I don't mind working with stupid people. In fact, I enjoy opportunites to help them be less stupid. ;-) But, the combination of haughtiness and stupidity is almost unbearable. Those are the people who make your colon shrivel and inflame the mucus lining your esophagus. Helping them does no good.

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

I can really relate to that new commercial for careerbuilder.com (I think, or maybe it's monster.com), where the guy is apologizing to a customer for a mistake and says, "I may have told you before, but I work with a bunch of monkeys." Then you see the whole office is staffed by this one guy and 20 chimps. Then on the other end of the line, the lady says, "I can relate. I work with a bunch of jackasses." Then you see her in her office surrounded by donkeys.

I'm lucky, my company has monkeys and jackasses.

Seriously, I have my own team which I get to hire for. Over the past year, I have gotten to build a pretty good group of people that work well together.

CountryGuy

• Chimene
    Chimene

I work with liars, cheaters, backstabbers, asskissers, racists, lazy and dumb as heck, I feel your pain

• Scully
    Scully

A lot of nurses that I work with are jaded too. Some of the newer ones are the laziest things on two legs. I guess it never occurred to some of them that part of the package in entering this profession are

1. shiftwork - 12 hour shifts, night shifts, day shifts and swing shifts,
    2. working evenings, nights, weekends and holidays,
    3. mandatory overtime in some places,
    4. having your vacation cancelled because there's not enough staff to cover your shifts,
    5. patients who think they are in a hotel and not a hospital,
    6. patients who try to treat you like you are their personal slave,
    7. getting to know someone involves asking about their bowel and bladder habits,
    8. people who belong on the psych ward more than they belong on your ward
    9. being yelled at by the doctor on call because you interrupted their nap - eXcUUUUse me! for having a patient who stopped breathing!
    10. being puked on, pooped on and/or peed on - sometimes simultaneously
    11. being called in to work on your day off, even though you've already booked appointments and made plans
    12. being on night shift for 3 weeks and not seeing your kids or spouse except when they're sleeping

None of this stuff is in the recruiting brochures, is it?

Having said all that, I really do LOVE my job.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Scully, I wondered how long it would be before someone brought that up!

Sherry

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Ok I have to thank all of you people

I miss not working. I love what I do. I'm passionate about my work. And I'm good at it.

But until they find a way to deal with my health problems I won't be looking for work.

After reading all your posts you reminded me of the supervisor who had weekend sex drugs and young guys (my co-workers) parties. And then there was the other boss who forgot to make sure I had everything I needed to do the job so I had to recreate it and then she refused to rehire me after I had cleaned up her mess.

Yes Working on your own has its problems but working for stupid bosses is the pits. Having the stupid bosses protect the stupid employees is even worse.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit