Anybody Irish?

by love2Bworldly 23 Replies latest watchtower bible

• lilybird
    lilybird

MY father was born in Ireland to parents who had always lived in Ireland..He moved to England later and married my mother. So I would say I am half Irish- half British,, but born and raised in Canada.

• DigitalFokus
    DigitalFokus

half mex half irish.

give me a pint and a shot of tequila

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Well I am a redhead and grandparents on one side are very Irish and the other grandparents are Welsh. But I was born and raised in the good old USA. I would LOVE to visit England and Ireland some day.

• Buster
    Buster

My grandmother (dad's mom) was soooo Irish, you know those "more Irish than the Irish" Americans.

I think my mother was intimidated from telling me of any other heritage.

Then one day it occurred to me, horror of horrors: I am half French. On the plus side, I figured out why I hated myself so much.

• IMustBreakAway
    IMustBreakAway

With the 3/4's the other 1/4 is German. So the joke was always, we have a really bad temper and we will shoot you right in the head. It was a joke though. I have never gotten into a fight. (except with my brother... the b@stard...)

• anewme
    anewme

I am!
    Hey Country Guy my family is from county Cork too!!!
    I visited there in the early 70s. Very beautiful!

I am Irish on both sides, dad's grandparents came from Ireland through Canada and by way of wagon train to California.

My mothers grandparents settled in Minnesota. Only her father, my grandfather, a salesman came out West.

My first husband was Scottish/Irish and my second husband is Scottish/Viking Norwegian.....I can pick em!!!

Here in my neck of the woods there is a BIG FOLLOWING for all things Irish/Celtic. We go to two festivals in the summertime.

Ireland has a big influence on my homelife. My home is situated in a pretty green canyon that people say reminds them of Ireland. And celtic music can be heard from my home most days. I have collected Irish china and will serve you tea and homemade bread when you visit me.
    Mother died of the drink so Anewme knows her Irish blood is thirsty for it too. I stay away from it now and so does the Mr. but I have a collection of Irish wine glasses and whiskey shots that beckon use!!!

During the 90's I was glad to hear that Ireland was doing well riding the wave of the computer business.
    Last I heard was not good news.

FunkyDerek, what is the latest on Ireland's employment situation and finances?

One of my favorite comedies is "Waking Ned Devine"
    And a good movie for former Catholics is "The Magdalene Sisters"

ST. PATRICKS DAY IS FRIDAY MARCH 17TH!!!!

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Descendant of the McArdell and O'Neill tribes here. me mither looked like Maureen O'Hara.

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy
    Hey Country Guy my family is from county Cork too!!!

I visited there in the early 70s. Very beautiful!

I've only seen pictures of it, but I've always wanted to visit.
    I'm hoping to go in the next couple of years.

CountryGuy

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

*I'm Irish/Indian/melting pot American

Jeeprube---That sounds so interesting! I am Irish, Norwegian, a bit of both French and English....and have Abnaki heritage way back! That's gotta count for something, LOL!

*My daughter's husband is Irish/Scottish/Norwegian and w/my daughter's Irish heritage they have a beautiful, red-haired Catherine who will be 3 in April.
    Juni---I wonder if he is as feisty as I am!

*3/4 irish. Enough to enjoy the drink and the pipe. Not enough to enjoy horrible irish movies.

IMBA-----WHAT horrible Irish movies would ya be referrin' to m'boy?
    *half mex half irish.

WOW, Digital Focus! Now THERE is an interesting mix! I'll bet YOU'VE got family stories to tell!

*Then one day it occurred to me, horror of horrors: I am half French.

Buster---my mother was Norwegian and French, but RARELY admitted to the French. Wonder what the problem IS there?

*me mither looked like Maureen O'Hara.

Well then there now Frannie!---THAT would account for your sensational good looks with a gene pool like that to be born in!

Great thread folks!

hugs,

Fighting festy Irish Annie

• IMustBreakAway
    IMustBreakAway
    IMBA-----WHAT horrible Irish movies would ya be referrin' to m'boy?

Hmm.. The secret of Roan Inish comes to mind.. as well as "THE FIELD"

AUGH>>>>>> THE FIELD!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit