Anyone else miss their record collection?

by free2beme 28 Replies latest jw friends

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

LOL!!! - hey bm, you got popup toasters over there yet?

No! I didn't even know they were touring!:)

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

LOL!!!

• Clam
    Clam

I love vinyls and the solid analogue sound they make. Another thing they offered was an arty sleeve, which we all sat reading when we were young 'uns. You don't really get that with CD's , certainly not mp3s. The 12" cardboard sleeve is a lost art form (weeps).

I still buy vinyl either on ebay or at EIL.com. Mycollection is also very varied. Classical, Punk, Motown, Thrash, - allsorts. The last one I bought was a Hank Williams LP, which I believe dated from the Pre-Cambrian period.

• blondie
    blondie

Still have mine. I have been gradually replacing them with CDs but I still keep them and my turntable.

• Terry
    Terry

My record collection is in the pantry kept in eternal limbo of half light and half darkness like the bones of some noble beast that once roamed wide and free.

Some day when I pass.....I'll have them loaded into the treasure chamber of my pyramid next to my sarcophogus to serve me in the next life. They will sit

right next to Pastor Russell's chart of the Divine Plan.

T.

• jojochan
    jojochan
    Some day when I pass.....I'll have them loaded into the treasure chamber of my pyramid next to my sarcophogus to serve me in the next life. They will sit

right next to Pastor Russell's chart of the Divine Plan.

LOL! I'm glad I kept mine safely hidden as well. I remember I was supposed to get rid of my old rap records when I was in, but when I saw that my pop had some Blowfly records hidden away(some of them I had bought for myself too!) I said,"To hell with that".

I kept them. And you know what? I'm glad I did.

By the way, Blowfly was know for his graphic sexually explicit recordings in the 70's. Classic stuff

jojochan...the crate digger.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

No, I didn't fall for the crap. My father told me to get rid of my Thriller album and I refused...boy did I have balls! I did eventually get rid of the album...I sold it at a record shop in Berkeley so I could buy more albums.

Josie

• nsrn
    nsrn

Wait a minute!!!! Am I the ONLY one here who still has a collection of 8 track tapes?!?!?!?! Who can forget the fade out and loud 'ka-chunk' sound every 3 or 4 songs, and the endless repeats, and the challenge of switching tracks to skip/relay certain tracks?

• FairMind
    FairMind

In the early 70’s I got rid of 15-20 Albums and later regretted doing that. Since becoming an independent thinker I’ve most likely replaced all of the 15-20 plus about 300 more (all on CDs).

• james_woods
    james_woods

Still have pretty much all the ZZTop, DireStraights, and JethroTull in original envelopes.

I have always wondered it Ian Anderson had our Watchtower boys in mind when he did the lyrics to Locomotive Breath?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit