No More Bound Volumes or CD ROM's - the most exciting news of all....

by AK - Jeff 25 Replies latest jw friends

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Mary started a thread regarding this matter at;

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/108142/4.ashx

My first thought was there was no way they dared to do this - that maybe this was a misunderstood rumor of sorts.

On my drive home this evening - It hit me! - The real reason they would do this. I can't believe no one mentioned this before. [Perhaps someone did - but I did not see it] I might be wrong. But here goes with my theory.

Many of us have suspected that the only real reason to do so would be to keep the info from us apostates on the outside - to prevent the bleed-out from expanding to a blood bath of defections. The 'Quotes' lawsuit shows the paranoia that is going on regarding those former witnesses that dare to 'hang them with their own words'. But we missed the real fear.

They are not afraid of the attack we pose from the outside - they are terrified of the attack that is coming from within. Nothing is secret anymore for them - BOE letters, correspondence, and all literature faux pas' are online now. THEY ARE TERRIFIED OF THE INTERNAL COLLAPSE THAT IS STARTING TO HAPPEN NOW! They cannot even trust that the center core - the elders would keep any future CD ROM's or digital information out of the hands of the apostates. IMPLOSION. ?

They need to control information now that is coming from elders and CO's and pioneers that are playing the inside game. The absolute only protection from that is to draw even more to the inside - to become more insolar and to make the 'truth' even more irefragable in the eyes of those isolated there.

This could be the best news ever - they are afraid of those they trust the most. Insiders! What next? BOE letters on flash-paper so that nothing can be photocopied and put online by insiders?

DIctatorial regimes that begin to collapse often react in the bunkers in a frenzied state of paranoia and excecute it's own generals as traitors. To the last moment of his life, Adolf never saw that he was the problem that lead to where his nation ended.

Could this be the beginning of the end for them? Are they starting to shake with Hitler-like palsy while fittfully trying to 'save the nation' ?

Jeff

• minimus
    minimus

They don't want you to read it. They want nothing in print, obviously. Their words are their words whether spoken or written. BTW, I went to my mom's this evening and saw the cheap bound volume---only the WT. asked where the Awake was and she said she didn't get one. A paperback has better quality paper!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Not a chance - they are a publishing company - they can not stop publishing - the ywill go to CD-ROM only. When CD-ROMS are produced they will have had feedback from the filed, the puiblishers, COs/DOs and yes even apostates. That will enable them to correct materail on the CD-ROM

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Stilla - you may be right. At this point the rumor is not confirmed. At least as far as I can determine.

Jeff

• The Lone Ranger
    The Lone Ranger

i don't beleive it either. I can understand them stoping to print the bound volumes, everyone these days is trying to save paper, plus more and more people are using computers, and the CD is far better then looking up volumes. And i'm sure there was an annocement about 6 mouths ago that the CD will be coming out every year now and not every 2-3 years.

• James Free
    James Free

Ha ha...these conspiracy theories make me laugh so much!

They are saving money and that's it. Over the years, less and less people are ordering the bound volumes. Most Witnesses either 1: Don't read them or want them or 2: use the cd-rom to print off the material they need for a talk etc.

The Org. is in decline. The 'Awake' magazine has gone monthly, country after country shows zero growth. The number of studies leading to baptism are now VERY low - most baptisms come from children brought up as believers. The number of hours per publisher is down, as is the pioneer to publisher ratio. Previously very active countries like Japan have peaked.

But, they are not about to implode. They are not about to be destroyed from within, unfortunately. There may be some power struggles, but no one is interested in destroying the actual POWER. The old men of the GB will soon all be dead, and doctrinal changes will be inevitable as old ones become unsustainable. But they will be called 'new light' and the core will go on blindly following.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    Ha ha...these conspiracy theories make me laugh so much!

Dear JF : I propose no such thing as a 'conspiracy theory' here. I merely speculate on a statement made by Mary on the thread cited. If what her sister said is true, then why they may be doing it.

Nothing less, nothing more. No conspiracy was suggested on this thread.

The old men of the GB will soon all be dead

As to this matter, I think you need to review the latest appointments. These latest editions are far from old men.

Jeff

• IMustBreakAway
    IMustBreakAway

Maybe BOE letters on encrypted one time pads..

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    they are afraid of those they trust the most. Insiders!

Today's insiders are tomorrow's apostates™.

W

• Jourles
    Jourles

It all comes down to how much money can they save. It's painfully obvious that the bound volumes cost more to produce than a single CDROM. I will not even take a guess on how much money they save just on shipping costs alone. The once-a-month Awake was a great cost cutting measure, and I'm sure that is not the end of magazine cutbacks. It may be another few years, but it will happen eventually.

For those publishers who cannot afford a computer system, they will have to depend on saving their individual mags. But nowadays, most JW families have (a) computer(s). CDROM's are now the yearly medium of choice for distributing mental poison.

I do not see the WTS giving up on the BOE letters very soon. If they wanted to phase this level of communication out, they would have to move to a verbal system. The CO calls up the PO and the PO takes notes. The PO then distributes his notes among the body. This is a double edged sword though. For one, the WTS can say they never told the body to do such and such. On the other hand, an elder on the out can make something up and cause chaos within the congo. The WTS wouldn't want this to happen either. So for these reasons I cannot see the BOE letters going away anytime soon. The WTS may simply start wording the letters more politically correct and neutral in case they were ever to fall into the wrong hands.

Remember, always follow the money. This is where you will find your new light. Money will always be at the root in one way or another.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit