Is The watchtower Dishonest When It comes to the Trinity?

by RevFrank 66 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

Thank you all for your comments. Honesty...you're right on the mark. If it weren't so...we all know the watchtower would run it down to the ground in lawsuits. Moggy Love.....very good on your points.......

Skyman I don't write books....nor do I stand on street corners to grab witnesses to tell them about John 1:1.....I am 55 years old.....And I began to do research ever since I was introduced to the watchtower back in 1972(my in-laws).....My in-laws gave me a blue book called, "The Truth Book." So when I finished chapter 2 called, "Why Is It Wise To Examine Your Religion," I turned the table on my in-laws.(didn't mean too) At the same time I questioned the NWT on John 1:1.....{{{ At that time I ran restaurats}}}}

30 plus years later I've become a thological scholar in latan....hebrew...arabic, and most important greek(koien). Back in the middle 60's I was in seminary to become a catholic priest and learned latan. The rest is history. So you tell me...do I really need to do more research? Koien greek has been a dead dialect for nearly 2,000 years and the translation commettee never thought of that when they created the NWT. Plus no one was even a half way scholar when it was translated.

As my gradfather had a cute quote about it and I apply it to the watchtower........."Don't confuse me with the facts..."

PEACE

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

DTTP:
    So, regardless of your own doctrinal persuasion; on the question raised by this thread - do you agree that the WTS was dishonest in its representation of those sources?

• ezra
    ezra

no ,it is not a bible based teaching ,i have refuted it with tthe scriptures so many times i am tired of it

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka
    no ,it is not a bible based teaching ,i have refuted it with tthe scriptures so many times i am tired of it

Well, ezra, for less Scripturally-gifted JWDers like myself, would you care to refute the Holy Trinity with full reference to the Scriptures (no WTS publications, please, just Bible references)??

I don't mean to be difficult, I'm just curious and I can't believe what you say until I have full proof.

-Becka P)

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    no ,it is not a bible based teaching

Neither is the idea of measuring a JWs spirituality on how many meetings they attend, or having to fill out the number of hours you spend each month trying to gain recruits---but you have no problem with THAT, though do you, Ezra?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Noooooooooooooooooo!

Please don't turn this into a Trinity doctrinal thread - it's been done so many times here it's old

Stick to the thread topic, regarding scholastic dishonesty, and if it really must be done again then start a new thread!

Pretty please?

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

LT

So, regardless of your own doctrinal persuasion;on the question raised by this thread - do you agree that the WTS was dishonest in its representation of those sources?

When are you going to learn that we don't "deserve" to know the truth!

D Dog

• Sunspot
    Sunspot
    When are you going to learn that we don't "deserve" to know the truth!

Oh, yeah! DANG! I keep forgetting about the spiritual dishonesty aka Theocratic Warfare employed by th WTS, both on nonJWs and JWs alike.

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Well, I'm through with the borg....but I think it's a great brochere...(sorry the article was too long to read) but I have studied the trinity for 26 years...and I don't believe in it... Don't throw the tomatoes.

• RevFrank
    RevFrank

Well, to give you more info....I don't follow any religion...nor any creeds....Christ told all to follow Him, so I do..Too many religions tell us that we must follow them or your lost. Let it be the NWT or the Holy Bible.....no where in scripture does Christ tell us to follow any religion. And for the church........we are the church.......not any building or Hall.

peace

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit