Is a personal relationship possible, without God communicating with everyon

by DavidChristopher 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

How does that work? Is personal relationship with Jesus possible without Him commmunicating with each of us personally? Does He communicate through a organization, and we delelop a personal relationship with the organization??

I talked to some elders yesterday....They said it was Jehovah's arangement. Ok....so why don't the elders consider a disfellowshipped person a failure on their part as it is their responsibility to guide and protect them? Rather....the disfellowshipped bears the responsibility alone.

Like a housebuilder blaming a subcontractor for the householders unhappiness...and taking credit when the householder is happy with the subcontractors (hired and hand picked by the housebuilder) work.

What is up with this?

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    Is personal relationship with Jesus possible without Him commmunicating with each of us personally?

No, the nature of a personal relationship requires two-way communication. If Jesus does not communicate directly with you as an individual, you cannot rightly claim to have a personal relationship with him.

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

Ok...so why is the org needed?

• aniron
    aniron
    Ok...so why is the org needed?

Who say it is ? Only the organisation says its needed. Your personal relationship with Christ is your own. Thats why is called a "personal relationship". The WT organisation makes sure you can't have that relationship by saying only the "anointed" can have it. You then have to rely on being in association with them and their "relationship" with God to gain anything. Christ is only "mediator" with the "anointed". Nowhere does scripture say that a Christian has to go through another person to gain a relationship with Christ. It is yours and yours alone.

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

Thank God!

I was worried there for a second. I am glad to know that trying to have a personal relationship with my Creator is not blasphemey, or sin. But I am open to other opinions on the matter.

Anyone disagree?

• aniron
    aniron

David

No .....its all yours and yours alone.

How you want the relationship to work is up to you and no one else.

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

Shouldn't everyone be entitled to that kind of relationship? Or are certain people more blessed than others? I can't see how that would be fair.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

You don't need the organization as a switchboard between you and Jesus

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

aniron:

How you want the relationship to work is up to you and no one else.

Isn't it also up to the other party in the relationship?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Some seem to have made the jump from Watchtowerland to a personal relationship with Jesus quickly. Others never do. Some don't want to.

I don't know where I stand with Jesus. But I know I had no relationship with Him before whilst a JW, so that is progress.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit