What a blast!

by ozziepost 19 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Glad you all had fun - sounds like you did anyway

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    why do you call it the Apostates Restaurant?

Because it is!

The owners have had much experience in offering support (a listening ear, great food, etc) over the years to ones exiting the borg. In their early days they had a financial interest in witnessing what can happen when shunning affects the livelihood of ex-dubs.

all in all, they really are the hosts of an "apostates restaurant".

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Yay Ozzie sounds like a fun time was had by all!

• Cellist
    Cellist

Thanks, Ozzie. It sounds like a restaurant I would love to visit. Especially if there were a bunch of apostates there.

Cellist

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Just found the thread. It was great, more exciting than those cheap restaurant meals after a circuit assembly. The night went too quick, couldn't get enough time to properly chat with even half the people there. And such a shock to put the faces to some of the names.

I have so many d/f friends now that it is easier being out than in.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I just love Apostafest's, Apostates, Apostababes, Apostaguys, Apostabeer, Apostawine, Apostawannabees, Apostabbqs.

• heretic
    heretic

yes a good time and some familiar faces, its a small world in the borg. hey did anyone hear billy connolys write off of JWs on andrew dentons enough rope (chat show) on monday night. it was good for a bit of a giggle. they were talking about religion he said 'you ever get those jehovahs witnesses at you door, who looks at them and says I want to be like those guys, going around selling a magazine with a dreary crossword in it to people who just got out of the bath'

or words to the effect...

i think a few witnos will be off him now

• Stress Free
    Stress Free

Yes I have to agree it was we had a fantastic time. The "Devil's Lair" I shared with Ozzie topped off the night.

It was so great meeting everyone there, such wonderful people, the unity was amazing you would of thought that we have known each other for years. Also it was encouraging to see that everyone there has moved on with there lives and they are now experiencing a more fulfilling and enjoyable life outside the control of the Jdubs.

As jwfacts stated, we just wish that we had more time to be able to get to know everyone better on the night. But hey, that's a great excuse for Ozzie to arrange another meet up soon!!

Cheers,

Stress Free

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

I AM SOOOOOOOO HURT )-: hi to y'all bliss

• Kaylen
    Kaylen

It was really really good fun, and I got to meet Deeskis in person. Thanks Ozzie it was great.

Awww Miss Peaches I wish your car hadnt been playing up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit