Wife and Words

by GramblingMan 23 Replies latest jw friends

• james_woods
    james_woods

Speaking of the newspeak, does anybody remember when there was a ban on saying "human being" - the theory was that only JHVH was a "being"; everyone else is a "creation". And as I recall it was practically demonized to say "lucky" but somehow it was OK to use "fortunate".

• Alana
    Alana
    Speaking of the newspeak, does anybody remember when there was a ban on saying "human being" - the theory was that only JHVH was a "being"; everyone else is a "creation". And as I recall it was practically demonized to say "lucky" but somehow it was OK to use "fortunate".

OMG....Yes! I don't know how many times my dad went on the "being"/"creation" tangent. Oh yes, and as a kid I loved Lucky Charms cereal, but my mom said she wouldn't get it because of the name. I told her I'd cross out the name and write Fortunate Items if she wanted. (I was spoiled, so I eventually did get the cereal, but had to put it in Tupperware and throw away the box. LOL)

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog
    (I was spoiled, so I eventually did get the cereal, but had to put it in Tupperware and throw away the box. LOL)

Hehehe, that's funny.

• carla
    carla

I have to admit to a mean streak, I sometimes buy Lucky Charms just to see if he will eat them! And he does and often finishes it off before the kids even know it's around!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit