Wife and Words

by GramblingMan 23 Replies latest jw friends

• GramblingMan
    GramblingMan

Ok so I have pissed my wife off today, but I couldn't hold my tongue on this one. LOL

We are going bowling tonight and she had on this sweatshirt that her daughter (also JW) gave her from college. It has Black Women's Caucus on it with a picture of Nefertiti . I go to the store to pickup a few things and she has taken the shirt off. Stating that she can't wear it because of the word CAUCUS, I was like give me a break. She said that it is political, I looked it up. I told her that the word as more than one meaning, LOL. I then tell her L, word congregation could be just as political. So we go back and forth on this, I finally tell her, you are so worried about 1 word that you missed the fact that you have pagan worshipping Egyptian on the shirt. LOL. SMH.

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

Very funny, but sooo typical. I remember my parents freaking out over certain words. For example... I got into trouble for mentioning a Taurus... as in FORD Taurus. My stepmother got agitated and asked me to call it "Torso" instead.... WTF?

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

My mom used to choke if she heard the word "gay" or "lesbian." For example, her cousin J. was, "you know, harummpph, THAT WAY, a whatchacallit, uh, bad girl." She got her bra in a knot when I'd say, "Mom, she's a lesbian. Get over it!"

• LDH
    LDH
    I got into trouble for mentioning a Taurus... as in FORD Taurus. My stepmother got agitated and asked me to call it "Torso" instead.... WTF?

LOL this is hilarious.

This reminds me of the time Bro. Bernie Moon was asked to read at the bookstudy and continuously referred to the "Penix" and "volvo" ...we were in tears.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

He he he.... yes there are similar stories down under...

We called a penis a floofloo

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

I remember being at the Kingdom Hall and I had dropped my bible or whatnot on the floor and immediately I said...sugar!

This do gooder sister, gives me a good stern telling off for using replacement swearwords; my reply was typical of my arrogant self back then when I said 'well its better than saying shit isnt it?'

The look on her face afterwards....priceless!

Oh yes while we are on the subject of words, I always used to get told off for saying flipping eck! Imagine the look on their face if I had said 'oh for f*cks sake'!

What do they want from you?

DB74

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

Ok, story telling time.

Well, you know the song "Lady In Red"? That was a hot song during my teenage years. One of my friend's mother said that it was not morally clean because of the lyrics

"The lady in red is dancing with me
    Cheek to cheek
    There's nobody here
    It's just you and me"

After her mom told my mom and my mom told other moms...it was "banned" from us teenagers because they "apparently" was dancing naked and they were not married..

Ok...now COME ON...how in the hell did they get all of that. Today, I laugh pretty hard about, but back then we were pissed.

• *Heather*
    *Heather*

hahaah... that's really funny. It's also rediculous but a little too funny to be mad at for a long time.

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog
    hahaah... that's really funny. It's also rediculous but a little too funny to be mad at for a long time.

Hehehe, if your talking about my post (I think there is a misunderstanding) I'm not pissed and haven't been since my teenage years. I just remember we (being hormonal teenagers) were very pissed waaaay back then... I actually get a good laugh at it. Sort of became a "fond" memory for me. I think it's soooooo funny.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    I remember my parents freaking out over certain words. For example... I got into trouble for mentioning a Taurus... as in FORD Taurus. My stepmother got agitated and asked me to call it "Torso" instead.... WTF?

I wonder what she would have said about the Dodge Demon.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit