Wife and Words

by GramblingMan 23 Replies latest jw friends

• calico
    calico

What did they think 'cheek to cheek' meant? DUH!

• calico
    calico
    I wonder what she would have said about the Dodge Demon.....

Let's take the 'Demon' out in service! What about a 'Gremlin'?

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog
    What did they think 'cheek to cheek' meant? DUH!

All I can say is that...JW's do actually have a very GOOD imagination.

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

DB74:

'well its better than saying shit isnt it?'

That nearly made me spurt out my drink lol, so funny!

CS 101

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

My brother was counselled for using the word "awesome" too much. Jehovah was the only thing to be assigned that word.

BB

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront
    My brother was counselled for using the word "awesome" too much. Jehovah was the only thing to be assigned that word.

Yeah......my JW family used to try that shit with me. After I told them I'm not bound by their narrow definitions of words, they backed off.

• slugga
    slugga

Re swearing,

I once had a conversation with an elder about swearing, He'd come out of the world so he was pretty laid back about such petty things. He pointed out to me that Jesus and all his friends were normal working class men. He said, "Jesus was a carpenter, if he hit his thumb with a hammer do you think he'd have bitten his tongue or do you think he'd shout something out just like everybody else"

It wouldn't matter what Jesus would have shouted out, it would still have been seen as a swear word or replacement swear word by some in the congregation. You just cant help but upset some.

..and before some of you start going on about Jesus being perfect and that perfect people don't swear might i remind you that perfect people also have nerves in their thumbs

Matt

(waiting for someone to point out perfect people don't miss nail heads and hit their thumbs)

• belbab
    belbab

If a JW used the expression, SON OF A BITCH in public or from the platform imagine the repercussions.

Is there any difference with Jesus calling the pharisees SONS OF SNAKES? Was the impact of this expression any different than calling them SONS OF BITCHES in his day? I think not.

belbab

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

A jw the other day stopped right in the middle of a sentence. I asked why and they said because they didn't want to get poiltical. I finally got it out of her. She didn't like the human rights situation of a particualr country. How is that even political? Gosh!

• calico
    calico

I was told by an elder that I could be punished with DEATH for swearing Damn, that's harsh

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit