Would u let your child date a baptist?

by Belief 38 Replies latest social relationships

• JH
    JH

My sister is a baptist.

Her 4 children will probably marry other Baptists, that's because they are always together, like JW's are.

• Belief
    Belief

Can I get some answers from some current JW? lol i'll go to kingdom hall.

• juni
    juni

I get it now. Belief you must be a Baptist and you want to ask a JW girl out. Is that right? How old are you?

Juni :)

• juni
    juni

I was in the JW organization for 21 years. I know what their feelings are on dating and dating "unbelievers." I know that you'll get accurate answers to your questions from many here.

Or you can go to the Kingdom Hall and ask one of the elders. They'd be most happy to answer your question.

Juni

• Saoirse
    Saoirse

When I was a practicing JW, I would not have gone out on a date with a Baptist. Besides, my mother definitely would not have allowed it.

As an ex-JW, I would be thrilled if my daughter dated a nice Baptist boy.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

There's a wiiiiide variation between congregations, far less "types" of Baptist congress.

I've seen many great ones, but a few that were absolutely horrid. I guess I'm trying to say that it's hard to stereotype with such labels. People are people - take them one skull at a time... JWs have their own little microcosm, though, and don't see things like that. They wouldn't be keen on Baptists, period. Save your heart!

Of course, if I had a daughter, I would have to make it a prerequisite that her suitor could spell, and use a keyboard properly when there was no need to use TXT-speak

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

According to the Awake magazine 5/22/94:

Since dating is not mere recreation but a prelude to marriage, it would displease God for one of his servants to get romantically involved with someone who has not dedicated his or her life to Jehovah.

JWs believe that only Jehovah's Witnesses have dedicated their lives to Jehovah--that is, God. They believe that to marry in the Lord they must marry another JW because the "one faith" talked about in the Bible applies only to them, not to Christians in general.

~Merry

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    Of course, if I had a daughter, I would ahve to make it a prerequisite that her suitor could spell, and use a keyboard properly when there was no need to use TXT-speak

Suitor????

What kind of a word is that? Sounds frightfully posh dear boy....frightfully posh!

DB74

• heathen
    heathen

I wouldn't bother me as long as I don't have to listen to any of that baptist mumbo jumbo . I don't think children should date tho anyway . A mature adult has the right to do whatever they feel like .

• Belief
    Belief

Mumbo jumbo? If you want respect you should give it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit