The leaking organization, seems like the young are exiting fast.

by free2beme 30 Replies latest jw friends

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

you know, all the kids even near y age when i was still one go clubbiong with me now... ha ha.. well not with me, but we run into each other and denounce that stupid religion... the only diference is they still go...

the infamous one

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    My only regret is that I could only quit them once.

I have to admit, I could almost consider this a valid excuse for applying for reinstatement - so I could have the chance to tell them to f*ck off all over again.

W

• zen nudist
    zen nudist

the attendance of several halls I was part of in the 80s was nearly half un-baptized, what do you figure the ratio is now?

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

This isn't suprising to me. Everyone I hung out with pretty much knows it's crap. They either never got baptized, left, or are staying in due to family and lack of a good support group outside the org.

I figure that once the parents and grandparents of this generation die off, the Towers numbers will plummet dramatically.

luv, jojo

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

I think it also depends on the area of the country and the congregation but in general I would agree. I also noticed that the young ones who are still going to meetings, likely for their parents sake, are not really reaching out for full time service or "privleges" anymore. I dont know about other congs but in my area there are very few young MS's anymore, in fact there are usually more elders than MS's and the bodies are comprised of elderly men, baby boomers, and a bunch of 30somethings from my diehard generation. I consider my generation to be the last to really stick around in any way. The internet is killing their membership and this largely includes the teenagers and 20somethings. I hope the trend continues.

• Balsam
    Balsam

Only the old minded young people stay in the witnesses. The youth, including the old ones with youthful attitudes usually end up leaving too. The set up in the organization for young people is hopelessly boring. The majority of young people my son's ages all left the congregation now. The ones left are gradually getting disfellowshipped out of it. Hemmoraging is more the way I see it. At one time we were a family of 6 loyal publishers, and out of all of us there is only one left who still is active. That is my son's Dad. I am sure when people at the KH see him with his new wife they are constantly reminded of how he lost his entire family to the world, which tickles the heck out of me. LOL

For a while I went to a local Christian Church after I made my exit. Well I was purely amazed by the shear number of young people there. Happy faces, and they were having fun. Lots of activities that were exciting and fun for the teenagers. And the kids didn't have to wear dresses and suits but could come dressed in their own youthful clothing and no one looked down on them. That Church had such a spirit of acceptance and joy. I don't go anymore but I was so very impressed with how the young people were treated.

Balsam

• LDH
    LDH
    The youth in my congo attending meetings are few. And most are in college.

If it was not forced on them, and they could live balanced lives, there might not have such a desire to leave.

I wanted my daughter to come to her own conclusions and never forced baptism on her......being DF is the worst thing a young person can go through.

I was losing my daughter forcing the "truth" on her.......basing her OKness on meeting attendance, etc.

She got very depressed hearing how the end was always near. I kept her from having friends at school and there were not many in my congo her age.......and the ones that were .........were rather strange in our opinion.

She is a good person, not living a double life and has taught me more about love than any human.

Purple sofa, lucky kid you've got there!

• stoley
    stoley

My brother, me and my cousin are out now & 3 kids from my old congregation wre disfellowshiped last year. only my sister goes now. she's the only girl 20-30 yrs old left there.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi stoley, welcome to the forum!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I also noticed that the young ones who are still going to meetings, likely for their parents sake, are not really reaching out for full time service or "privleges" anymore.

EXACTLY - I have noticed this in a few congos

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit