January 15 Watchtower: Angels

by GramblingMan 23 Replies latest jw friends

• garybuss
    garybuss

That was almost the same cover (without the yelling angel) that was on the new light Watchtower of 1995.

• heathen
    heathen

That is extremely assinine to assume that only pagans and evil people grow beards . Unless you are talking about chuck russell . If beards are evil then why is jehovah God and jesus christ both shown wearing one ?

• poppers
    poppers

I always thought angels were without gender; why then, depict them with an obviously male trait?

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

More importantly, I wonder if they are wearing anything under their toga's??? I hear it gets kinda drafty up there in Heab'n!!!

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

There does appear to be a contradiction in that, on one hand, we have been told that angels are "neither male nor female", but on the other hand, we are also told that angels "noticed" women of earth and desired to have sex with them, and came to earth and did just that, fathering "Nephilim". Perhaps they are genderless only when in heaven?

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Ya know, I truly can't think of any anointed people who aren't white.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    Now that Gilette has marketed the five-bladed razor, the problem of angelic facial hair will soon be a thing of the past.

Perhaps their bethel salaries didnt stretch that far....oops!

• slugga
    slugga

Here's the mag

And here's a link to what users of this board did to that mag and its accompanying issue of Awake http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/103938/1.ashx

• Funchback
    Funchback

This is an ironic thread (for me) because I had this same discussion with my good friend on this forum, badwillie, about two weeks ago.

I said the same thing about this cover: All white men, with beards. And I was puzzled as to why some of them have parts in their hair?

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Isn't the answer obvious? God only feeds them White bread.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit