Hello everyone

by JUG 45 Replies latest watchtower bible

• slugga
    slugga
    Well I still made my meetings for a while, and then I moved to another town and just didn't feel like going any more, so I stoped. Then I got tired of be home alone all the time so I got off my ass and started finding things to ocupy my time.

Thats exactly what I went through. You stop going to meetings and then just stop living. The only way to beat it is to get out there and do what you did, make new friends, do new things and take on a new personality.

Life goes on and there are some nice worldly people out there!

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

Hello JUG and welcome to the forum!

Nice to meet you, and I hope we hear lots more from you! Enjoy!

GGG

• Cellist
    Cellist

Hi Jug. Welcome to the board. It's nice to see you got your life on track while you're still young.

Cellist

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Welcome Jug !!

Take your pick...... or

• Balsam
    Balsam

Welcome Jug, your the same age as my son. He has been out now about 4 years. He is a lot happier too. Congradulations on finding life outside happier than it was in the JW's.

Balsam

• one bad apple
    one bad apple

Welcome Jug!!

Sorry that your family has dejected you! I have been out of the org for 10 years but I realized choosing your own family that actually accepts you for who are is more wonderful than being accepted for what you front. personally my mother has not said "i love you" to me since the ten years from which i left the org.

• delilah
    delilah

Welcome Jug. You will meet a lot of new friends here. Some of us have experienced the disfellowshipping ritual, so we can relate. Others will relate, simply because they were once witnesses. Welcome to the real world....enjoy your new found freedoms.and post often.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Welcome Jug! I cant imagine what it must have been like to lose all your family, but it was a very brave of you to take like by the handles and decide to enjoy it.

One of the biggest shocks to me when I left was how NICE 'worldly' people were. It was a huge shock to realise that they werent all obsessed with being immoral or dishonest or wicked. They were just normal lovely people on the whole, with no agendas about how you should live.

Im now living with one of those 'worldly' people and am way happier than I have ever been before in my life. Stick around and chat with us, cos we know whats its like!

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

Hi Jug. It's amazing what you can find when you are allowed to expand your horizons, isn't it?

Best of luck on the new life and welcome.

• Woodsman
    Woodsman

I go to college instead of the Kingdom hall too. Not only have I gotten a better job but I feel so much more satisfied knowing I'm using my abilities to the full instead of playing dumb as a JW.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit