One Scripture that proves WTS false and how

by crazies 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• greendawn
    greendawn

TopHat as Kaput clarified Russell and his fellow believers were waiting on the sixth street bridge for their snatching to heavens in 1878.

Surprise surprise Russell and other WTS big wigs including Rutherford were on the mount of Olives in Jerusalem in 1914 waiting for rapture. Strangely they believed rapture would begin from there, they wanted to be the first to go up. http://www.quotes-watchtower.co.uk/1914_rapture.html

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    Earlier in their history Russell and his followers were waiting on roof tops in white clothes expecting to be snatched up.

Interresting stuff - modern JW's forget that Russellites believed in the rapture just like a lot of other biblenuts at the time.

Arround WWI .one such group went from the US to Sydney and held regular meetings at Balmoral Beach where they pranced about dressed in white linen looking skyward waiting... waiting..

Money came pouring in from the gullible (and few are more gulible that christians). So much so they were able to build a small temple and bridge out to the tiny island from which they hoped to assend. The temple is now a kiosk, the bridge is still a bridge.

unc

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

16 Therefore let no man judge YOU in eating and drinking or in respect of a festival or of an observance of the new moon or of a sabbath;- Col 2:16

The WTS has used the death of 2 individuals on birthdays to say it is unscriptural. But as you can see here in Colossians, no one is to judge you on whatever celebration you decide to observe.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Good point Iron Claw

..and evidence that Pauls game plan involved casting a wide net.

• Kaput
    Kaput
    Surprise surprise Russell and other WTS big wigs including Rutherford were on the mount of Olives in Jerusalem in 1914 waiting for rapture. Strangely they believed rapture would begin from there, they wanted to be the first to go up.

Talk about being presumptuous....and this is the example they set for future "shepherds" of the flock.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Right Kaput, as they were wealthy they went half way around the world and I bet that was in first class ship accomodation, to get a priviledge that the poorer bible students couldn't have. They put themselves at the front rather than humbly go to the back.

All these adventist offshoots were and still are quite impatient and hysterical about the end of this world.

Uncle Bruce is it true that once Rutherford made quite a bit of money out of some wealthy Australians in 1925? Is that what you refer to, about Balmoral beach?

• crazies
    crazies

These are all great!!!!!!

Golf, sorry if I started a duplicate thread. I don't get to spend as much time on here that I would like to see what has been started before.

• Golf
    Golf

No problem, we could all do for a refresher course.

Golf

• ferret
    ferret

Matthew 6:9 The Lord's Prayer. Our Father. no mention of Jehovah, nowhere in the NT.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts
    1 Timothy 2:1-7—I therefore exhort, first of all, that supplications, prayers, intercessions, offerings of thanks, be made concerning all sorts of men, 2 concerning kings and all those who are in high station; in order that we may go on leading a calm and quiet life with full godly devotion and seriousness. 3 This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God, 4 whose will is that all sorts of men should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth. 5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus, 6 who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all—[this is] what is to be witnessed to at its own particular times. 7 For the purpose of this witness I was appointed a preacher and an apostle—I am telling the truth, I am not lying—a teacher of nations in the matter of faith and truth.

The Greek word for mediator means guarantor of an agreement or reconciler between two estranged parties. On both counts, Jesus fulfills this role for every human. The WTS teaches that he only fulfills verse 5 for the anointed. They have raised up another between God and men besides Jesus, they have put a Governing Body between as an entity that must be heeded and pleased for humans to attain salvation.

Good thread, crazies.

Respectfully,

AuldSoul

thats the one that stands out in my mind.. this is a doctrinal issue that they cannot defend. and i agree..great thread. i hope you get more responses and examples.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit