One Scripture that proves WTS false and how

by crazies 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• crazies
    crazies

List one verse or verses that can prove WTS false and how. I'll Start:

(Matthew 24:23-28) 23

"Then if anyone says to YOU, ‘Look! Here is the Christ,’ or, ‘There!’ do not believe it. (Why?) 24 For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will give great signs and wonders so as to mislead, if possible, even the chosen ones. 25 Look! I have forewarned YOU. 26 Therefore, if people say to YOU, ‘Look! He is in the wilderness,’ do not go out; ‘Look! He is in the inner chambers,’ do not believe it. (Why?)--(Because)---27 For just as the lightning comes out of eastern parts and shines over to western parts, so the presence of the Son of man will be. 28 Wherever the carcass is, there the eagles will be gathered together.

27 For just as the lightning comes out of eastern parts(SUNRISE) and shines over to western parts(SUNSET), so the presence of the Son of man will be.

So Jesus is telling people not to believe if people say 'Look! Here is the Christ' or if people say 'Look! He is in the wilderness' --or look he's somewhere aka here in spirit or heaven. Why? Because it will be like a flash of lightning that flashes over the whole expanse of the sky, so it will be very noticable.

Now if you go by the WTBS and say this is only Jesus deciples that would notice him returning, in 1914 all the JW's (Bible Students) were considerd annointed, thus a class above the normal rank and file, so they all should have clearly been able to Identify Jesus presence or return. However it wasn't until 11 years later that only one man, Rutherford, and perhaps a couple others who he may have consulted that were able to discern Jesus Return. And it wasn't even until 1943 that Jesus presence = 1914 was clearly seen.

This does not fit the scriptures or even their teachings of who would be able to see it. I'm sorry but it doesn't take me 11 years to see lighting flash.

Your turn................

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

(Luke 15:18-24) 18 I will rise and journey to my father and say to him: "Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. 19 I am no longer worthy of being called your son. Make me as one of your hired men."’ 20 So he rose and went to his father. While he was yet a long way off, his father caught sight of him and was moved with pity, and he ran and fell upon his neck and tenderly kissed him. 21 Then the son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and against you. I am no longer worthy of being called your son. Make me as one of your hired men.’ 22 But the father said to his slaves, ‘Quick! bring out a robe, the best one, and clothe him with it, and put a ring on his hand and sandals on his feet. 23 And bring the fattened young bull, slaughter it and let us eat and enjoy ourselves, 24 because this my son was dead and came to life again; he was lost and was found.’ And they started to enjoy themselves.

This is the exact opposite of what the WTS does when somebody wants to be/is re-instated

• greendawn
    greendawn

Of course the return of the Christ will be a high impact event, every eye will see him and all the nations will lament. Rev 1:7

Apart from that, in their current beliefs they got the rapture of the living saints wrong because biblically it will occur with the resurrection of the dead saints, according to them the dead saints did get resurrected so why are the living saints, supposedly the annointed of the JWs, still on earth? 1 Thessal 4:17

Earlier in their history Russell and his followers were waiting on roof tops in white clothes expecting to be snatched up.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

Luke 21 : 8 "....many will come on the basis of my name saying, I am he" and," the due time has approached." Do not go after them. The KJs Bible will say "The time is at hand."

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    1 Timothy 2:1-7—I therefore exhort, first of all, that supplications, prayers, intercessions, offerings of thanks, be made concerning all sorts of men, 2 concerning kings and all those who are in high station; in order that we may go on leading a calm and quiet life with full godly devotion and seriousness. 3 This is fine and acceptable in the sight of our Savior, God, 4 whose will is that all sorts of men should be saved and come to an accurate knowledge of truth. 5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, a man, Christ Jesus, 6 who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all—[this is] what is to be witnessed to at its own particular times. 7 For the purpose of this witness I was appointed a preacher and an apostle—I am telling the truth, I am not lying—a teacher of nations in the matter of faith and truth.

The Greek word for mediator means guarantor of an agreement or reconciler between two estranged parties. On both counts, Jesus fulfills this role for every human. The WTS teaches that he only fulfills verse 5 for the anointed. They have raised up another between God and men besides Jesus, they have put a Governing Body between as an entity that must be heeded and pleased for humans to attain salvation.

Good thread, crazies.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

(Galations 5:22,23) On the other hand, the fruitage of the spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith, mildness, self-control. Against such things there is no law.

WTBTS: The 5 measures of spirituality are meeting attendance, participation in Ministry School, field service, personal study, and prayer. These things are the LAW!

Cog

• Golf
    Golf

By this all will that YOU are my disciples, 'if' you have love among yourselves." John 13:15

By the way, I started a similiar before.

Golf

• Kaput
    Kaput
    Earlier in their history Russell and his followers were waiting on roof tops in white clothes expecting to be snatched up.

Those were the Millerites. Charlie and his bunch waited on a bridge.

• TopHat
    TopHat
    Those were the Millerites. Charlie and his bunch waited on a bridge.

Are you guys Joking??? What day was this?? OR was it everyday these bozo's did this, in the year 1914??

• TopHat
    TopHat
    WTBTS: The 5 measures of spirituality are meeting attendance, participation in Ministry School, field service, personal study, and prayer. These things are the LAW!

GB rewriting the scriptures, are they?? What Gall!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit