I'm Not Going To Heaven......

by prophecor 39 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Raphael
  • Sad emo
    Sad emo

I think my beliefs are kinda along the lines of Woodsman's post.

I believe that the new heaven and paradise earth are the same place - or at least there's no separation between them.

I came to this conclusion by trying to work out where everyone was in the different parts of Revelation (some of which have already been mentioned earlier).

So be free to keep your earthly hope and not too worried about the rest of the church going to heaven

• DaveNwisconsin
    DaveNwisconsin

Maybe some of us could put a good word in for you.

• Mary
    Mary
    in the end, I still believe in the paradise on earth theology. I'm split right down the middle, as I cannot get away from the belief that only a few were ever good enough to get to Heaven. The rest of us got the leftovers, which as far as I can see is a pretty good deal. I like being human. I love the wonderful things this planet has to offer mankind, even in its abundance of imperfection.

I can see what you mean.........actually, it makes no difference to me if there's an afterlife, or if there's going to be a paradise earth----either one of them is good enough for me. The only reason it bugs me so much that the GB insists that all us low-lives "must" have an earthy hope, is because they're making the choice for us----it's not left up to us individually as to whether or not we have an earthly hope or a heavenly hope. Plus it makes them feel superior, which is total nonsense.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    but I'm going to a church that thinks they all are. They preach a good game but in the end, I still believe in the paradise on earth theology.

I think you're both right.... I think "heaven" is here on earth, just in another dimension. my 2 cents, but I've never been a dub, so my background's a little "different"...

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I thank God that even though I'm not "good" enough that He still wants me

As I told my [now ex-] wife, when she asked me the dreaded question; I'd rather be in hell with Christ than in heaven without him.

Whether that ends up being on a "new earth", or in some other [heavenly] dimension, I care not one whit.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    As I told my [now ex-] wife, when she asked me the dreaded question; I'd rather be in hell with Christ than in heaven without him.

wow L.T. , good come-back. (I'm writing that one down....)

• Raphael
    Raphael

Strangely enough I was also thinking today , how if the GB decided tomorrow that they had seen the light regarding the great crowd being in heaven - as the greek word "naos" in Revelation 7:11 implies - and everone is suddenly promoted to heaven - few would question it ...in Watchtower Land the way to the father is through the "FDS" and not through the son...I wonder if at some point they will change the NWT to read "No one comes to the father except through us ( the WTS)"

• DaveNwisconsin
    DaveNwisconsin

Don't be so hard on yourself. Do the best you can and let the chips lay where they lay.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

If Christ can be "in" you, as alleged, then surely heaven is in you and you can be in heaven right now?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit