Do You Realize That You Lived In Constant Fear as A Witness?

by minimus 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Spectre
    Spectre

Auldsoul,

And I bet she feels guilty about those moments of delight because they are not WTBTS approved, right?

• delilah
    delilah

Yes, Minimus....I did in fact realize this. We lived under constant fear...and I absolutely hated it. It was always a fear of displeasing someone,by saying, or doing the wrong thing, and I felt like I was suffocating. I finally left the religion, so obviously," Fear, is not a factor, for me".....

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

I didn't realize it until I had left.

I still remember the moment I realized that Armageddon isn't coming. The WTS was teaching lies, and Armageddon wasn't just around the corner... It was like a 1000 lb. weight had been lifted off of me. I had lived almost my entire life, believing that I wasn't good enough and would in all likelyhood be destroyed at Armageddon..... And now it wasn't coming! I can't even describe the way that felt.

I feel so free.

GGG

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

CONSTANT fear...yes I do realize that I did, but I don't think I realized it at the time. JWs are trained to believe and accept things that go against their own instinct and insight and personal experience. They are trained to ignore any deeper feelings that might contradict their being the happiest people on earth and focus on what seem to me to be rather superficial, forced feelings of happiness. I think they also ascribe any unpleasant, fearful, conflicting feelings they have to the devil and their own sinfulness, along with any free, spontaneous moments of pleasure. At least, that's my experience.

(((Auldsoul))) I sorta feel the same way about my mother.

~Merry

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Yeah, it really is great to be away from all those feelings, knowing people appreciate your efforts instead of judging them inadequate. Life is good!

• Think
    Think

EUREKA ! YES !

5 times a week brainsucking sessions SUCKS BIG TIME !

Especially for mothers with children. You have practically NO TIME LEFT

for doing enything else, and then the HUSBAND Wise Elder complain, why is no dinner yet, why is laundry no done yet ? Why the house is not cleanet Yet ?

JW CUlT sucks ! Jw cult sucks ! Jw cult sucks !

• DaveNwisconsin
    DaveNwisconsin

I would think most people would fear that fashion trends would change and they would have to look like Stepford wives forever.

• minimus
    minimus

Really, who had time to do everything that was expected? If a person did do everything, they would be candidates for the mental hospital, imo.

• Elsewhere
  • diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Fear, guilt, ignorance, you name it we lived in it as witnesses.

DB74

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit