JW Reply to my Blog about Pedophile

by Saoirse 33 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem
    The University of the Awake! is really putting out some quality students. I counted 18 misspelled words.

ever considered that the one answering is maybe not a north-american? That for her/him spelling Englisg more correctly is very difficult?

Anyway, why bad spelling is never mentioned when we agree with his or her opinion?

• seawolf
    seawolf

they need to trade in their bibles for a hooked on phonics book and cassette

• Honesty
    Honesty

Typical dub denial.

• Saoirse
    Saoirse
    ever considered that the one answering is maybe not a north-american?

His profile states that he is American. Besides, even if English was not his first language, he should know that you are supposed to capitalize the first letter of every sentence. I'm not aware of any language that uses all lower case letters.

I'm of the opinion that if you are going to post something on the internet, especially when you are trying to make a convincing argument, you should make sure that your words are spelled correctly. I can't take a post like that seriously, whether I agreed with his opinion or not.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

So that's where PMJ's been hiding

Realistically this person does admit that the bad stuff happens within the org - and as an individual, they appear to have a sincere desire to see it rooted out. (I say this because I see this person defending the organisation by their comments, not the individuals - but maybe I'm reading it differently to others here)

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

That reply sounds like it was copy/pasted out of a public talk outline.

alt''Wait on jehoover you must. The truth it is.''

luv, vader kitty

• jgnat
    jgnat

OK, easy to attack on spelling and grammar alone. I let my spell checker run through that paragraph, and I lost track of the corrections. But besides the lousy presentation, were there legitimate arguments buried in the text? It might be true that if a person doesn't bother to structure their sentences, their thoughts as well may be as sloppy.

Here's my interpretation and response.

Just because an individual does something wrong does not mean everybody is wrong.

True. Why are you so defensive about something that someone else has done? Do you identify with the Jehovah’s Witnesses as a community?

“He’s a witness so witnesses are all wrong.”

I don’t think this is what the blogger is saying. Unless of course, you believe that as a community all JW’s are unified in purpose and spirit, including the bad ones.

The organization does not cover any thing up.

I can think of three examples right off the top of my head where WT headquarters has dishonestly covered up a bad decision.

Elders might and if they do they will have to answer for it. I've seen whole elder bodies removed for covering stuff up.

Who appoints and trains the elders? Whoever is in charge of their training is also partially responsible for their actions. I suggest that more abuses happen in the Watchtower Society because discipline is done behind closed doors, in secret. This goes against modern jurisprudence, where trials are held openly and fairly, and bible principles, where offences were to be dealt with in front of the whole congregation.

They may try to cover stuff like that up only because if it gets out people like you make it a witness thing instead of a disgusting guy thing.

Illogical and ad-hominem attack. Ad-hominem means you attack the speaker rather than the argument when your defence is weak. Is sexual abuse evil? Yes. We agree on that. But why not also call to account any organization that protects these offenders and allows opportunities for them to reoffend? Again, I suggest that the secretive nature that the JW’s deal with embarrassing problems like this provides a haven for sexual predators, since such abusers thrive in secrecy.

If an elder molest a child and it is found out not only will he be removed he'll most likely be DF'd and if he comes back won't be able to hold any privileges ever.

I can think of two examples off the top of my head where the elder was not removed. I can think of more examples where unreformed sexual predators have been reinstated after completing their required studies.

If any one has ever done any thing like that ever in their life even before becoming a witness you can't hold any privileges.

I know this doesn’t happen.

Granted there's bad people in the org but a CO made this comment one time there might be 6,000,000 JW's now but that does not mean that 6,000,000 will get through the end.

And I maintain that of six billion people on this planet, it’s not only the "priveleged" six million who get a chance in the end. There is good and bad within and without. There is no special protection for being a Witness.

Leave it in God’s hands and he will give them all what they deserve.

If your house were on fire and your children in danger, would you leave it in Jehovah’s hands to rescue your children? When in immediate danger, parents must act. When will you, or the organization, act against immediate danger?

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

For me, the unique spelling and grammar mark the reply as genuine. That is, genuine sentiments held by a genuine JW.

Funny how AWAKE! University & Theocratic Ministry School leave one barely literate, let alone able to independantly cognitate.

Suffering marginal dislexia, I do simputhize with the blogg'n poser

uncle spillcheck

PS: Congrats on catching a live one!

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    So because of the person's misspellings and improper grammar, his/her opinions are void and should not be considered? Perhaps the person should be laughed at, ridiculed, dipped in tar and rolled in feathers and run thru town, or even receive a bullet?

TheOldHippie,

Hm. Interesting question. Perhaps some hypothetical situations will clear up what you believe I should do.

If a clown in full makeup walked into the room and started waxing inarticulate on the subject of Zero-Point Field while juggling three rubber chickens and wearing bloomers, should I consider his opinions on Zero-Point Field seriously?

Should I credit the opinion of a second-grade dropout—one who has already proven gullibility in some respects—on the issue of Masonic or Illuminati conspiracy theories?

Now, if you can demonstrate how I dipped anyone in tar and feathers, ran them through town, or shot them I would agree that your comments have some bearing on what has happened in this thread. Otherwise, I must conclude that you don't want anyone to feel badly about anything they say.

If we apply that rule across the board to everyone, I would also have to assume you have never criticized George H.W. Bush and/or Bill Clinton for anything either of them has said, or any other public figure for anything they have said. Is that true, or are you hypocritical?

BTW, my great-uncle and great-grandfather were tarred and feathered and had their general store burned down for being JWs.

When someone presumes to extensively misrepresent the practices of their religion, I don't think making fun of their inability to communicate intelligibly is inappropriate. In my opinion, the fact that this person cannot even compose a simple paragraph in response to such a serious matter raises very appropriate concerns that they do not know what they are talking about. If such a paragraph were written to explain how Satan buried dinosaur bones to throw Christians off I would make fun similarly (and will not feel bad about it).

I hope you aren't a hypocrite. Have you ever poked fun at what anyone has said? If so, why are you throwing stones at me?

AuldSoul

• Chimene
    Chimene

the org good to nice talk for me.... one day pioneer am i. i is happee to bee a jehoovers weetnees... it make me better you... you sad person, and i like watchtowir. it make me smarter you. you shud be a jehoovers weetnees agen, it will make happy yoo....

i number one with goodest grade at Awake unevercity... i get goodest grade and give goodest blow job to eldurs...

the infamous one

Literally LOL!!!! haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit