> high over her Mommy so he could see while
    > he helped deliver the baby. Very diligently,

> Kathleen did as she was asked.

>
    >

> Heidi pushed and pushed, and after a little
    > while Connor was born. The paramedic

> lifted him by his little feet and spanked

> him on his bottom. Connor began to cry.
    >

> The paramedic then thanked Kathleen for her
    > help and asked the wide-eyed 3-year old what

> she thought about what she had just witnessed.

>
    > Kathleen quickly responded, "He shouldn't
    > have crawled in there in the first

> place......... smack his behind again!"
    >

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

LOL that was pretty funny!

The first time I witnessed a birth I was around 8 years old. It was an awesome thing to see.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

VERY FUNNY!!!

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    The first time I witnessed a birth I was around 8 years old. It was an awesome thing to see.

I've watched ER doctors come out of a birthing room with a newborn and they're almost in tears from the wonder of it. It's like it's the thrill of a lifetime for them.

Thanks, PurpSofa. My daughter sent it to me.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I helped deliver a baby once in a parking lot and I am still traumatized. It was all I could do to avoid vomiting. To think such a big thing could come out of such a tiny opening.....

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

I think the majority of human children HAVE. It's just modern Western values turn pregnancy into a disease where the risk of litigation is often the driving factor for deciding how to do things.

This coincides with slightly silly judgement calls; a kid will be allowed to watch a war film, but see Mummy give birth? Done properly, it would be a life-enhancing memory.

Man, each time I see a depiction of birth on an American TV program I'm appalled at how regimented it is. I'm sure there are woman who do buck the system and give birth in a squat, kneeling, in a birthing pool, as well as those who give birth out of hospital.

In the UK they are far less regimented - although they'll still try to get you into hospital for the birth, you can opt for home birth.

Here in Holland homebirth is really quite common.

In most of the world it is the only option...

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    In the UK they are far less regimented - although they'll still try to get you into hospital for the birth, you can opt for home birth.

There are home births here as well. But many don't opt for it as their insurance won't cover it unless it's in a hospital.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Andi:

But many don't opt for it as their insurance won't cover it unless it's in a hospital.

That's another eye-opener, to me. Wow!!

• kid-A
    kid-A

I dont think ANYONE should witness childbirth, including the mother!! LOL......Its like a scene out of "Alien"..!!!

• xjwms
    xjwms

Thanks for that one

I'll be telling that one ....lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit