When did you realize evolution was true?

by Coded Logic 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

1.) How old were you?

2.) Which person/source first made you reconsider your position on creationism?

3.) How long a period of time did it take to fully convince you?

4.) What books and videos did you read and watch?

5.) How much better do you think you understand biology is now vs. before?

1. Late 30s.

2. A minor news blurb about the preliminary findings of the Neanderthal Genome Project (findings which, ironically, have now been reversed).

3.The Greatest Show on Earth.

4. Like night and day.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Vidiot: It is, however, inherently contradictory to the belief that Genesis is literal. Which is the real reason the WTS can never accept it.

Both excellent points. Thanks for pointing them out.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde
    You're assuming everyone on this board believes evolution is true.
  • cofty
    cofty
    You're assuming everyone on this board believes evolution is true.

Sadly there are plenty who are still too lazy/biased/afraid to study the evidence.

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic
    Sadly there are plenty who are still too lazy/biased/afraid to study the evidence.

But if evolution were true it would be a Scientific Theory not a . . . err wait . . . hold on a second here. . .

• rebel8
    rebel8

1.) How old were you? Probably 25. Keep in mind, I was prevented from attending science courses in school. (Yes I know that's illegal but the school let Dubbie Dearest have her way.)

2.) Which person/source first made you reconsider your position on creationism? I started to understand some facts when I was exiting at age 21 (customers at work told me), but it was in biology and anthropology courses a few years later that I started to shed my belief in intelligent design.

3.) How long a period of time did it take to fully convince you? It was a process. I would say it probably took 15 years.

4.) What books and videos did you read and watch? I don't remember any.

5.) How much better do you think you understand biology is now vs. before? Understand biology--it's beyond my understanding. I just have not been educated in it much. But I get the basics.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit