Fluff- Why?

by Sparkplug 34 Replies latest jw friends

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

I fluff because I can. It's fun and I enjoy it.

I do like to read the more serious threads but don't often contribute to them. I learn more from reading on those ones than participating.

Fluff threads are fun and I realize lots of people don't appreciate or even like them, but I guess that's a part of what makes everyone different.

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

I like fluff because too much of my life is still too heavy at times. I have not one friend yet where I just moved to, so I need to be goofy somewhere. not to say I don't enjoy a good Narkissos thread ever now and then!

(((((sparky)))))))

you are amazing.

• Chimene
    Chimene
    • One was there are so many people here that have these husge loads, but we don't always see it.

• Two was an idea of having everyone put up what all happened this year.

• Three was an explaination as to why I avoid the heavy topics.

My thoughts exactly

• lola28
    lola28

I work a lot, I come in at nine in the morning and won't leave till I'm done, which means I'm in my office till 8:30 sometimes even nine. I love my job, but I have to deal with too many stupid ppl. and after a while it can get to be a bit much. Fluff threads help me forget about some of the stupid ppl. and I also notice that they really help increase your post count (hehe)

lola ( of the I love fluff class)

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Sometimes, life sucks, and I just have to laugh to get through the day. What else can I do when I'm at my wits end (that is positive)?!

What better people to fluff with!

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

I fluff because it makes my day better. I have more than I can say grace over and if I can get a giggle or a guffaw out of the day...well, life is good.

• daystar
    daystar

Ok, sparky. Taking your lead, I will relay some negative reasons why I need the occasional fluff.

I'm a full time single father whose ex-wife wiped us out financially two years ago before mentioning, "Oh, by the way, I think we should get a divorce and you should take custody of our son."; whose ex-wife still has not paid any court-ordered child support; whose ex-wife rarely calls to speak to our son; whose ex-wife is, step-by-step, allowing her life to sink into the gutter overflowing with alcohol, following the footsteps of her alcoholic father who died last year in a pool of vodka. And I'm the one that has to try to answer questions about why we no longer live with mommy, and console him when he starts to cry because he misses his mommy.

My mother is dying slowly of cancer. She is a controlling, often mean-spirited, nosey woman. She tries to use her sickness to guilt people into doing what she wants them to. Yet, the little boy inside still loves his mommy.

Much as many here, the psychological triggers embedded by the WTBTS demonizing just about everything there is in the world made adjusting to life outside a horrendous chore that took up most of my twenties. In many ways, I often felt like I was so far behind everyone else my age as far as development goes. I still feel pretty naive at times. I sometimes think I am now where I should have been in my early to mid-twenties.

There is more, but I don't want to focus too much on them.

On the other hand, there are many positives. I have a son who is such a great little guy. He's sharp as a whip, kind, friendly, very loving, yet also strong-willed. We tell each other all the time that we are each other's best friends. It has been so effing fun and joyful to watch him develop. He is so curious about things. He talks about Jehovah and how she made the clouds and the sun and everything around us. He got the Jehovah part from his grandparents as I just refer to God as "God".

I know, I know, I'm a big "atheist" and all (not exactly, but close enough). I see a great benefit in the way I'm raising him though. As he grows older, we can discuss the more... "technical" aspects of divinity and godhead... though I think he grasps some of it naturally, like the way he told me that the moon is a woman and the sun is a man.

I also have lost a lot of fear about things. I'm not afraid of the "demonic" influence of certain books and ideas and people. I am free to choose.

We must laugh on occasion. We must allow ourselves to forget some of the harsh realities of existence for at least a little while. If not, our creativity is stunted, our hearts become jaded and dull, and our minds become cold and detached.

And as a final note, I really love you guys here on JWD. I know there are people here who probably take offense at some things I say. I'm sure some people think I am just a big ole jerk. But I can't let that influence who I choose to be. There are some who post here that I disagree with almost all the time, some fiercely. But I still wouldn't hesitate to greet them with a handshake, an honest smile, a pat on the back and buy them a drink if I met them in person.

Sorry for the rant sparky. Back to normal programming.

• lola28
    lola28

(((Daystar))) thats harsh man, another reason I like fluff threads? I can always go in and start hitting on Daystar............

lola

• daystar
    daystar

lola

another reason I like fluff threads? I can always go in and start hitting on Daystar

You never need a fluff thread for that sweetie.

• Seeking Knowledge
    Seeking Knowledge

Wow..good on ya Daystar...

I'm impressed that you've taken on the roll of single parent for your son. It's not easy but it's very rewarding. Nothing is better than watching your child develop & come up with their "own thing" as to why things work the way they do. I'm impressed because you don't hear so much of the father taking on that role. I know they are out there, but it's heartwarming to know that those of you fathers that do, really do!

With my son he's got his dad, sometimes I wish he'd go away, but deep down I know he's good for him in his own way. Right now his father & I are enjoying a lull in our relationship, that is he's learning to cooperation with not only me, but the court system. It's been a rough road, and there are still some bumps, but I'm in a place where I can tolerate him again. I feel that is important to our son, to see us "getting along" instead of how things have been for the last 3 years, but I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop. He's still being taken to "meeting" and as last Tuesdays' meltdown indicated to me, he's not enjoying it one little bit. I take him to my church, where he goes into a class with kids HIS age & learns on his own level.

Just wanted to say, from one single parent to the other, Good for you! We all continue to learn in this crazy thing called Life!

SK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit