Talked to an elder about the BIG NEWS

by Jez 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jez
    Jez

lol, sometimes I read what everyone says about 'planting a seed' and for once, that was not on my mind when I talked to him. I was just being normal me.

I don't care if they choose to be a JW or not, I just want them to live THIS LIFE happily and satisfied, but with knowledge that this is just another religion, not "the one and only truth", just a choice.

I feel the most pain when I hear of young ones making a choice, and being punished for it. That is not fair. I really don't think that most JWs think about their lives as 'choices' rather, go along to get along, or born into it.

Later and thanks for the nice comments back.

Jez

• daystar
    daystar
    I was just being normal me.

Well, that's the best way to do it, no?

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

"Well, heres to hoping we never have to deal with the blood issue." the elder said.

That statement speaks volumes and gives true insight into the JW mindset.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Excellent work Jez! Keep it up.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Good work Jez; its not everyday an opportunity like that comes up.

Sounds like hes got some thinking to do; although being brutal, he will probably mask his doubts and ignore them!

DB74

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Well done jez, you never know what might come of a chance conversation like that one.

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

"I really don't think that most JWs think about their lives as 'choices' rather, go along to get along, or born into it." said Jez.

Jez - I never really thought about it that way. Very interesting point. I'll try to remember that if ever I talk to one of them again. And I'll try to keep reminding myself that I do have choices, now that I'm out. I think there has always been a very unconscious, but strident voice in me that says "no choices allowed" all the time, as a result of my JW upbringing. Thanks for sharing that.

It's amazing to me that people on the outside have actual conversations about stuff like that with Witnesses. I am unable to. Being disfellowshipped is probably the least of my reasons not to try, LOL and Grrrr.

• THE SHOOTIST
    THE SHOOTIST

The next time you have the opportunity, why don't you bring up the blood issue and just ask him since we are now allowed to take blood fractions which come from donated blood, how long does he think it will be before the society lets us donate our own blood for these fraction extractions? Most witness never reason out that someone has to break God's law and donate the blood for the fractions. Ask him if he was bitten by a poisionous snake, would he take the serum? If he has a horse, ask him if he would let his horse and its blood be used to process snake bite serum? Most witnesses never reason that animal's blood is used to process lots of serums and vaccines we take during our life time. This blood is not poured out onto the ground as God's law requires. This is one of the reasons I am no longer a witness. Someone asked me these same questions and I was in time overwhelmed by the JW hypocrisy. This helped open my eyes and enabled me to start seeing the other flaws in the JW religion.

• James Free
    James Free

Good stuff.

It's not a good idea to challenge whether the GB interprets Acts etc. correctly and if it applies to transfusions and so on. The doctrine is ingrained into them and it cannot be challenged easily.

Instead it is better to ask, since blood is not allowed, how come so many fractions of it are? Where does it say it's ok, in the bible, to have PART of blood? And who decides which part is ok? In fact, so much is now allowed that the 70% water remaining is almost all they are not allowed!

It is VERY confusing to JW's these days. But ask, if the GB thinks it's wrong, how come it's now ok so long as you separate it first?

They cannot answer that, because it makes no sense!!

Just like it makes no medical sense to say a cell-saver machine becomes an extension of a patients body when used. The blood is STORED during an operation. If that is ok, why is it not ok to pre-store your own blood in case it needs to be re-transfused? Again it makes no sense at all!!

In the meantime, people die needlesly. How many have died for refusing a fraction the GB banned, only to later allow it.

THEY ARE THE ONES WITH BLOOD ON THEIR HANDS!

• zagor
    zagor

LOL, You gave a great witness Jez

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit