Why would god create magnificent angels and then create puny humans?

by nicolaou 15 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

IC

I was being rhetorical. In truth I have no belief in the supernatural at all. No god's, demons, angels or hobgoblins, no life-after-death, no resurrections, no immortal soul.

I thought my topic history kinda made that clear.

JEHOVAH, the greatest child abuser of them all!

Jesus was a liar.

2 Samuel chapter 24 - Don't mess with God!

Believers, please define your 'God' if you are able to.

I'm an atheist, so why does some religious music move me so much?

Did Jehovah tell the first lie?

• james_woods
    james_woods

Great thread, nicolau. I can't see how reasoning on this subject is blasphemous at all. I once had a kind of open forum bible study while a JW pioneer with a sort of offshoot self christian guy who thought that in fact the "Satan" character was really Jesus and that he felt sorry for us because of the reasons given in the thread. Then, he had to get sent down here to make sorry for going against company policy. The time in the wilderness was to get his own head right. However, ultimately, this kind of stuff has as many faults as the traditional view. But, then - I never did get the need for the crucifixion to save humanity. Why not just settle it out of court, like several have posted here?

Humor back to RunningMan - are you sure any Austin/Rover product can actually make it 15 years? Remember that the BMW group called them the "English Patient" before putting the needle to them.

Excellent point from Clam - and what about the Fer-de-lance and the King Cobra (snake not car)? Did they evolve fangs and venom after the original sin or after the flood?

• proplog2
    proplog2

God must like the smell of shit. That is the one consistent thing we produce.

It's just abslolutely incoherent. What more proof do you need that we really evolved.

Don't just flush it. Smell the aroma. Admire the variety of texture and shape before it swirls away.

• FairMind
    FairMind

Isn't there a scripture that says "God is not one to be mocked"?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Yeah, but you can find a scripture to say almost anything.

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

Nicolau I had a senior moment sorry , now I realize that I've read your views on stuff before, the picture kind of threw me.

IC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit