How would you react if proof is found that your beliefs are wrong?

by Honesty 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Honesty
    Honesty

A more complete example of a wrong religious road or overwhelming delusion than what is found in the writings of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society would be difficult to find. If each Jehovah's Witness would follow their own guidance and conscience, many more than already have would stream out of the suffocating grip of this man-centered organization and into true liberty.

Matt 24:11-12 Many false prophets will rise up and deceive many. Because lawlessness will multiply, the love of many will grow cold.

Any thoughts and comments are more than welcome.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I changed once - to become a JW - I think I will change again and become a poztate

• garybuss
    garybuss

I was exposed to so much proof that the Witnesses were wrong AND dishonest that I had to go with the facts.

• Kaput
    Kaput

Ditto.

• Think
    Think

Find the Truth and Change them.

• skyman
    skyman

I will never again will say I can't be wrong. I have learned never to be c##k forsure of myself.

I change as soon as I am aware that I am wrong.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>>Find the Truth and Change them.

Yep, same here. Beliefs for me are fact-based. Show me facts and I'm all about changing my beliefs.

Dave

• Think
    Think

It is not easy to ask yourself the question: " What if I am wrong ? What if I was misleaded and naive ? What if I am not the one having the truth ? What if my WHOLE LIFE AND BELIEF IS WRONG ? "

After reading Crisis of Conscience, I can see, that the whloe bible explanations about ends of the world is pure Lunacy, and everything else explained by WT "Experts" have to be questioned.

He was right: " We know NOTHING ABOUT THE BIBLE AND HAVE TO START FROM ZERO, FROM GENESSIS 1:1 "

I agree. Some people believe that Earth is flat. ( You will be amazed how many ).

To find the truth, you have to QUESTION EVERYTHING.

For example: 'Is time constant or not ? " According to Einstein, Time is not constant, but the speed of light is.

UtopiaTower made progress in 3 world countries, because people there have no acces to information, so they can be misleaded into believing in " THE ONLY TRUTH FROM gOD ", THE Fidel Castro truth theory.

As soon as they will find out the truth abouth the truth, the bubles will burst.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

When I left too many of my friends said they did not want to know if it was true or not. "Better the devil you know".

• KW13
    KW13

If i had evidence facing me telling that my facts were wrong about religion/belief then first reaction would be i get upset 'oh no i've been tricked again' and then i'd be on the search again or i'd give up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit