Help me interpret this dream...

by serendipity 31 Replies latest jw friends

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

My interpretation would be that you either (1) had a sweet drink shortly before bed, or (2) ate something sweet or starchy (easily converted to sugar) within twenty to forty minutes of going to sleep. The drink may or may not have been alcoholic, but it had sucrose, glucose, or fructose in it. Red #40 can also cause very "vivid" dreams. Just guessing, though.

It likely wasn't Hitler at all, frequently our minds superimpose the details onto our dreams later with such certainty that we believe we can watch the whole thing again like a movie in our mind. It is sort of a Gestalt effect, where when we try to recall our dream the details are filled in from the nearest approximations we are familiar with, they flood in as a memory when they are actually built from our most familiar neural pathways.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I had a weird dream the other night, and I know I've had it before a long time ago because of a deja vu feeling when dreaming it...

I dreamt that I went into a forest, and it was an old growth forest, and the deeper you go the more densely packed the trees are, until you reach the most ancient, deepest depths in which the trees fuse together and comprise an intelligence or something, they're like a gigantic alien brain that you can just detect mentally, and when you are in its presence, you start to lose your own mind and the trees take over and their humming is in your mind, and you become absorbed into them and become insane if you do not break lose from the spell and escape...

Weeeeeird dream.....

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    I had a weird dream the other night, and I know I've had it before a long time ago because of a deja vu feeling when dreaming it...

I dreamt that I went into a forest, and it was an old growth forest, and the deeper you go the more densely packed the trees are, until you reach the most ancient, deepest depths in which the trees fuse together and comprise an intelligence or something, they're like a gigantic alien brain that you can just detect mentally, and when you are in its presence, you start to lose your own mind and the trees take over and their humming is in your mind, and you become absorbed into them and become insane if you do not break lose from the spell and escape...

Weeeeeird dream.....

leolaia, it sounds very much like the dense old growth rainforests of south west tasmania .. maybe you were astro travelling.

seriously though - write it down - it sounds like a great sci-fi plot

unclebruce who helped rescue a platypus from the surf today (just had to squeeze that in)

• Celia
    Celia
    unclebruce who helped rescue a platypus from the surf today (just had to squeeze that in)

Wow ! Great ! Are these critters friendly ? and I almost killed a cat this morning Stupid thing just crossed the road running right in front of my car.... Thanks goodness I missed it.

About the dream - - - Something in your life you really want to forget and thought was entirely dealt with and forgotten shows up again, or you're afraid it will re-appear, or you're afraid people will learn about it.... How is that ?

• greendawn
    greendawn

It's a strange but powerful dream, is it prophetic does it mean that another Hitler type person, and not necessarily German, will rise up again to power?

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

G'day Celia,

Platypus are too small and short sighted to be anything but friendly (they do have a poisonous barb on their hind legs but hey .. who's perfect? We feel very priveledged to have them in our local waterways. Like me they are very shy and normally don't live in salt water.

Congratulations Celia - I give your dream interpretation a ten! (outta 25

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

Third parties cannot interpret dreams unless they know the person intimately. I'll have a go though just for fun.

Hitler represented your past or present abhorance of homosexuality. I suspect it's past abhorance because Hitler a figure from the past that has come to life representing a reminder that you once disliked homosexuality. Hiding because now you no longer feel/see homosexuality as a sin and wich to extracate yourself from this old feeling or it could or be fear that you should believe that homosexuality is bad so you go and hide from this feeling.
    The bath tub represents the cleasing/removal of immorality status of homosexuality hitler just reminds you this is not true, it is immoral.
    If you knew that the nazis saw homosexuality as degenerate and a punishable offence then my intrepretation would make more sense.

How's that?

• serendipity
    serendipity

Thanks for the comments. This gave me food for thought. Speaking of food, that night, I had a light dinner, healthy and all natural, no sugar, so I don't think that the food triggered the dream. I watch very little TV, and had watched nothing that night, so I don't think that was the cause of the dream either.

My loose interpretation is at the bottom of the post.

Ballistic:

How much of your life is filled with images of Adolf Hitler? Not very much I guess? You rarely even hear the name these days. It was an important aspect of your dream but not because of the person himself or even necessarily a person at all but what it represents to you personally.

I don't think much about Hitler at all, but thoughts of the Holocaust have entered my mind since the Iranian president claimed it didn't happen. Hitler represents power-hungry evil in my mind. It was also a convenient label years ago. See my interpretation below.

Brigid:
    I knew someone would link "gay" and "in the closet". LOL. No, I'm straight. I LOVE men too much. There was nothing sexual in the dream.

We often "mask" this part of ourselves in dreams and "they" show up as scary, or known evil individuals or archetypes (your Hitler could've easily been a vampire or anyone/thing that you deem "evil").

It's interesting that you mention a vampire, because I used to dream about vampires a lot when I was a kid. Probably because my mom let me watch "Dark Shadows" and vampire movies.

Bathtub: Possibly the most fascinating (to me) aspect of the dream. I immediately thought of the "Judgement" card in Tarot. Was the water dirty? This is what it would mean if it were my dream--you must decide. Rebirth or purification. Probably rebirth.

In the dream, the water in the tub was crystal clear.

Is there something in your something about yourself or your life that you're trying to give birth to?

Since my daughter is nearly grown, I have to 'give birth to' the next chapter of my life. I'm hoping that it involves marriage and maybe a career change. Even though both prospects are a little scary, I'm looking forward to them. There is something else that I'll mention later.

Celia:
    About the dream - - - Something in your life you really want to forget and thought was entirely dealt with and forgotten shows up again, or you're afraid it will re-appear, or you're afraid people will learn about it.... How is that ?

All of the above apply.

Greendawn:

Maybe I had a "King of the North" dream. Think I should write to the WTS?

Leo: I love forests but never thought of them the way portrayed in your dream. Very interesting.

Uncle Bruce: Now I know who to go to when I have a platypus dream.

Spectrum:
    The bath tub represents the cleasing/removal of immorality status of homosexuality hitler just reminds you this is not true, it is immoral.

I am less judgmental of homosexuality, and feel sympathy for gays, but don't feel guilty about the change. So I don't think that is it.

After pondering this, I've thought of some possibilities.

I've been trying to unload some emotional baggage. Love and forgiveness have been on my mind a lot lately. I have been severely emotionally wounded by three people in my life. All three were control freaks and just plain mean people. They were my father,
    my mother and my "ex".

My father is dead, and I think I've forgiven him. My mother is still alive, and now uses manipulation rather than beatings and screaming to try to control me. My "ex" uses criticism of my daughter to try to control me. He is only in my life because of my daughter.

I've been thinking that I need to forgive Mom and "Ex" as a gift to myself (and besides it's a Christian obligation). I've also thought that I should allow myself to feel love for my mother. Why? To live in harmony with 1 Cor. 13 and to set a good example for my daughter. Mom is a wounded soul and not introspective. Her abrasive behavior is pushing people away and she doesn't realize it. Since she's getting older, I think about her ending up in a nursing home with very few visitors, because she's alienated people. That thought makes me sad for her.

When I visited her last week, I actually enjoyed the visit and felt close to her for the first time in a long time. As I drove home, I wondered what would happen if I allowed her back into my heart. A feeling of fear came over me, fear of getting hurt again or being manipulated.

So, in a sense, I'm trying to cultivate a rebirth of the love I had for my mother- a very scary proposition.

Why did Hitler appear in my dream? When we were kids, my brother, sister and father used to call MOM (who is German) "Adolph" when she got mad and started ranting. Maybe that's why Hitler had a starring role in my dream. But Mom looks nothing like Hitler. ;-)

Thanks for humoring me. I'm glad y'all are here.

• onesong
    onesong

Egypt is going to have 7 years of famine.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

it depends what these things mean to the dreamer. What does GERMAN and BATHTUBS mean to you? ......and 3 men...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit