Bro PRINCE brings GLORY to JEHOVAH

by DannyHaszard 75 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Single Review: Prince - "Black Sweat" (comment box join in) Blogcritics.org, OH - 4 hours ago
    ... the Kid's impish grin as he performed the hell out of "Darling Nikki" in Purple Rain, stripped to the waist and dripping with sweat; I saw Jehovah himself, the ... From the forthcoming album 3121
    (NPG Music Club)
    In the summer of 2004, I saw Prince on two of his stops at the Palace of Auburn Hills. He was touring in support of his much-vaunted comeback album, Musicology , and the set list was tooled to match that record's mood: heavy on hits, often in medley form, with few idiosyncrasies and a "family-friendly" veneer on even the notorious '80s material. Hence when performing "I Feel For You," Prince changed the words "it's mainly a physical thing" to "it's mainly a spiritual thing;" while "D.M.S.R."'s 1982 instruction to "work your body like a whore" was replaced with the more modest "work it like you want some more." And it was good, for what it was; the man is pushing 50, after all, and with all those rumors about door-to-door Witnessing, it's a wonder we got to hear nuggets like "Automatic" and "Let's Work" in the first place. I mean, what were you expecting? Assless pants? But on the second night, something strange happened. Prince was midway through "The Question of U"'s ripping blues guitar solo when he threw his axe to the ground. Then, suddenly, he was on the ground too, crawling slowly toward the fallen guitar like he'd just stepped out of the video for "When Doves Cry." Time seemed to stop. Would he stand up? Or would he start humping things? In short, were we about to witness the return of the "old" Prince, the sexy Prince, the Prince all of us in the audience really wished was in Auburn Hills that evening? I had a mental image of the Kid's impish grin as he performed the hell out of "Darling Nikki" in Purple Rain , stripped to the waist and dripping with sweat; I saw Jehovah himself, the lips beneath his gray beard curled with shock, his eyes covered piously against the sacrilege to come. It was a surreal, intense, thrilling moment...and then, it was over. Prince stood back up. He finished his show with consummately performed, if safe, renditions of hits like "Kiss" and oldies like Sam & Dave's "Soul Man." He came back with an encore of Musicology 's sweet, gorgeous - but hardly Dirty Mind -ed - "Call My Name." And he left, his last show in metro Detroit concluded and not another flash of the Prince we once loved. It was good...for what it was.
    Flash forward a year and a half later, and Prince is already on the verge of yet another comeback. The rumblings that have announced his upcoming 25th (!) album, 3121 , have been uniformly positive - and, for the most part, as modest as the creative/commercial rebirth that was Musicology . There's "Te Amo Corazon," the quietly pretty excursion into Latin-flavored balladry that slipped out late last year, and "Beautiful, Loved and Blessed," a pleasant duet with new protege Tamar, reminiscent of both Prince's lengthy side career as a Svengali and the better moments from the slow jam-heavy second disc of 1996's Emancipation . Both are decent enough tracks, two guarantees that our little man will at least be receiving the VH1 airplay he deserves this summer. But they've got nothing on "Black Sweat," a lean, raw hunk of bona fide Paisley Park-worthy electro-funk which sounds to these ears like the long-awaited delivery on the promise Prince made to me when he dropped to all fours on the Palace stage, one and a half long years ago. Not that this is Sign O' the Times -worthy stuff, mind you; let's not get too excited. The track's minimalist beatbox and synth arrangement, coupled with even more minimalist lyrics, actually suggest that it would fit in just fine on The Black Album , with all the pros and cons that statement suggests. But the Devil is in the details, and "Black Sweat" succeeds simply because it contains the crux of Prince's entire songwriting career in its first line alone: "I don't wanna take my clothes off," he coos in that unmistakable falsetto, his voice sounding not a day older than it was in 1981 - "but I do." It's a throwaway line to be sure, the product of a man who's been writing sleek, frank come-ons and just-as-enticing self-reprimands since most of America was still boogie-ing to Kool & The Gang. But it's also the most concise _expression yet of this Artist's trademark conflicted sexuality, that same give-and-take which resulted in the near-breach of middle-aged Christian decorum I witnessed in Auburn Hills... and for that reason, it strikes me as a sign of exciting things to come. Prince's momentum maintains itself nicely through the single, as well, propelling its synthetic bump and grind forward with enough pants, grunts and squeals to make the Prince of Musicology blush, if not necessarily the Baby Jesus cry. Is it up there with his best material? Hardly. What it is , however, is a perfectly enticing taste of the album to come; a promise of yet another step away from Prince's self-satisfied, self-indulgent noodling era, which has more than accomplished its job of whetting at least this fan's musical appetite. Shout it to the hillsides, folks: the sexy is back. God Save the Prince. "Black Sweat" is available for download as either a music or video file on Prince's Official Website. Reviewed by Zach Hoskins ------------------------------- Comment from Danny Haszard,I guess money talks and usually it shouts,if you or I put this show on at a local disco we would be disfellowshipped on the spot.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    Shout it to the hillsides, folks: the sexy is back. God Save the Prince.

Thank you prince

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Prince is probably nuts, but he is/used to be, a great musician. On his first album, he played all the instruments himself. I saw a live-video of him once, when he was performing Purple Rain, and how he played that guitar solo was fantastic. It was all love, sex and violence between him and his guitar. To bad he`s gonna waste all that talent on going door to door now. Why can`t he just OD on heroine, like any other musical genius with respect for himself..

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Actually I like the new song ti amo corazon (or whatever its called.) Plus you never know, prince may be the one to revolutionize the witnesses. Think about it eventually he will tire of the BS (maybe even drop by here for a looksy) and start to voice his opions at various congo's he visit as he is on tour. The perfect revolutionary 1. he tours so he cant be pinned down by the elders 2. hes vocal and by giving his thoughts at different halls it will stir the intelectual beast that is in most witnesses 3.Hes freekin prince you think if he where to give a radical comment at sundays WT some local elder will dare try and check him. Just an intriging thought.

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

I was kind of hoping he would be commissioned to rework those horrible kingdumb melodies.

CYP

• orbison11
    orbison11

my x (jw) was/is a professional musician. one time, he was to perform at a mall, or something, with a young (17) year old girl from our hall. he was councelled not to sing with her as it was inappropiate for him to be singing with a female when he was married.

they came up with so many dumb reasons for their dumb directives.

this double standard with the dubs infuriorates me to no end...

my chidren were councelled NOT to participate in sports (extra curicullum ),,,,,,,,,now how did the williams sisters get away with it in their halls???

hmmmmmmmmmm

orbi

• joelbear
    joelbear

he is as much an active witness as the williams sisters or george benson

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Thanks for this review ...I live by Auburn Hills...I hope he gets out of the Borg...

• DannyHaszard
  • DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

What's sexually ambiguous, purple and covered all over? Go to ...
    Arizona Daily Star, AZ - 12 hours ago
    ... Steady?”. He wrote about sex constantly and then became a Jehovah’s Witness and declared he wouldn’t sing any more naughty songs? ...

I say again nothing personal against "Prince,still this is rotten hypocrisy if you or i acted this way the elders would eat us alive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit