Do not forsake the gathering of yourselves together.

by xjwms 23 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

Spiritual enlightment and encouragement come to Christians through the Holy Spirit and gatherings are unnecessary or of secondary importance.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

"I don't mind meeting together with those who incite me to love and fine works, but I really don't see any mention of frequency in the Bible. Where does that doctrine come from?"

As a suggestion.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• xjwms
    xjwms

AuldSoul

Thanks

you got me thinking about that, .. and your right....no mention of how often...

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

I was never "incited to love and fine works" whenever I did not forsake the "gathering of ourselves together"; funny they never applied that principle outside the confines of the KH; unless of course you were of the in crowd.

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

xjwms,

Don'cha love being able to come here, get some good feedback, and then become a total pain in the ass to some know-it-all jerk.

I love you guys!!!

CYP

• xjwms
    xjwms

C Y P

LOL

your right...your right ... your right I can't wait to be a jerk to the jerk.

• bavman
    bavman

Good luck with the jerk.

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

So this could mean....."When 2 or more are gathered together, there I will also be."

It could mean...posting and reading on JWDForum...

It could mean reading the bible with your mate..or children..

It could mean gathering in some groups of friends in homes...

It couldn't mean attending a kingdom hall and being bossed around to the Max!

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Make sure you visit there with a lot of gas ... slip some out when the going gets tough.

Rub a Dub

• atypical
    atypical

I'm with Star Moore; I would ask what they think it means, this "gathering of yourselves together", then read them the scripture "where two or three are gathered in my name". Leave the burden of proof on them. Witnesses use that once passage to support their meeting structure, and it really doesn't hold up, imo.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit