Do not forsake the gathering of yourselves together.

by xjwms 23 Replies latest jw friends

• xjwms
    xjwms

Next week my wife and I are going to see, .. and visit, .. her aunt and uncle who are regular pioneers.

Being regular pioneers they are, I just know it, .. get into it with me.

What do I say if they pull this scrip on me, ....... of not forsakeing the gathering together bit????

So far I am preparing myself with all kinds of info, .. IF it comes up.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I find "Why dont you mind your own goddamn bizznacks" works pretty well for me.

• xjwms
    xjwms

IP

That might work

I want to have a calm "sales" type of visit. Would love to sell some "doubts" know what I mean?

• Leolaia
  • Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

Why don't you look up the word, "forsake".

Basically it means give up or reject entirely... not exactly a 5 meeting a week mandate is it. It isn't exactly a loud proclomation that salvation comes through affiliation with a group of imperfect men.

Especially when compared to the rest of the NT that repeats over and over again that salvation is through faith in Christ plus nothing! Maybe rent the Gospel of John. It is a verse by verse rendering. Ask them where in this movie you see any emphasis placed on salvation through an organization. Ask them to count how many times Jesus says, "come to me".

Then contrast that to a meeting. All emphasis is on regular meeting attendance, regular field service, and study of the wt.

The Bible makes it clear that Christianity is about Jesus, not about the wt.

CYP

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I havent read this thread, but it came up in a search of the verse.

Hope this helps.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/58724/1.ashx

• xjwms
    xjwms

Leolaia

WOW and many thanks

I just printed that info, I know that will work

thank you everybody

YOU GUYS AND GALS ARE THE BEST...................THE BEST I TELL YA.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

just tell them that since you've removed the obstacle, you're more closer to God than you have ever been.

steve

• xjwms
    xjwms

I P

your link suggested I look it up in Ray Franz book....Great idea

thanks..............I am doing that now.

• xjwms
    xjwms

CYP and steven

good thoughts

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit