Possible baptism loop-hole

by vomit 23 Replies latest jw friends

• unique1
    unique1

Well I sent my nullification letter in yesterday. I will let you all know what happens.

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

IF you look at the Organized To Accomplish Our Ministry Book under the section "Questions for Those Desiring to Be Baptized" on page 126 and 127 there is the clear statement that baptism done BY Jehovah's Witnesses is performed to those who embrace the Christian faith. --Not to those who agree to be governed by a man-made organization.

1) Why do Jehovah's Witnesses baptize in water those who embrace the Christian faith? Go therefore and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit.-Matt. 28:19.

The implication is that Jehovah's Witnesses baptize in accord with the command given at Matt. 28:19. There is no reference to an "organization" in any Bible verse with regards to baptism. However, just before going in for a dip in the pool, the Biblical reference to the "holy spirit" is replaced with the candidate's association to the organization:

The questions or vows which became effective in 1985:

(1) "On the basis of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, have you repented of your sins and dedicated yourself to Jehovah to do his will?"

(2) "Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah's Witnesses, in association with God's spirit-directed organization?

That's what I call that "bait and switch."

All baptisms conducted since the change in the Baptismal vows took effect plainly Misrepresent what the Baptism IS to potential candidates (according their own questions for review) and as such this deceptive practice renders the Baptisms as ties to and submission to organizational procedures since 1985 null and VOID.

YC

• West70
    West70

Sounds like a job for a superhero --

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

Of course, but maybe some who are considering baptism will realize that they aren't getting the Bible's view of it, rather the Watchtower spin on what it really means.

YC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit