Possible baptism loop-hole

by vomit 23 Replies latest jw friends

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Midwich, I think it would be called "capacity to contract". You can get more info on the web.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    I wonder if you can get it annulled if you can prove that you were mentally unstable at the time?

RollingOnTheFloorLaughingMyBaptismOff! Why not insist on being re-baptised, then piss in the pool ...from the diving board?

• Legolas
    Legolas

Your parents probably wrote the letter for you asking for your name to be taken of the Catholic list!

• Balsam
    Balsam

Vomit,

Since you were baptized at a young age below 18 years old you can surely have your baptism annulled. Here is form letter some have used as a basis for having their baptism revoked if they were forced into baptism by their parent and the congregational Elders.

Now understand that some congregations have refused to accept it and have disfellowshipped anyway. But if they do it is clear you can sue them. You can always find a child advocate attorney to help you with this. Some work with teens for free just to get the experience. Make sure you sign before a Notary and make it a legal document even if you don't seek out an attorney. Keep a copy of it for yourself. Note any communication you get from the Elders, and don't meet with them for a JC meeting. They will try to wear you down and then disfellowship you.

Balsam

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date:

To:

Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses

& Watchtower Bible & Tract Society

Address

Publisher

Address

Congregation of Jehovah's Witness, and the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society

To Elders of Jehovah's Witnesses and the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society legal Department:

I (Publishers name) was forced to be baptized at age ____ as a Jehovah's Witness, because of pressure of congregational Elders, my Mother, and the Jehovah Witness community as a whole for acceptance among them. I had just turned ___ and I was not aware nor fully understood the ramification of getting baptized as a Jehovah's Witness. I complied with getting baptized to fit in socially to the Jehovah's Witness community I had been raised in and that my Mother is dedicated to also.

I do not consider myself as one of Jehovah's Witnesses since I have gotten older nor do I have any desire to ever be one of Jehovah's witnesses in future. I insisted that my baptism is nullified, and my status will be the same within the Jehovah's Witnesses community as having never been baptized.

An announcement that I am no longer an unbaptized publisher many be announced by Elders in the Kingdom Hall I have attended. The corporation of the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society is hereby instructed to amend my membership status in accordance with this statement on any and all records of said "Corporation" and it’s corporate of religious affiliations. The "Corporation" is instructed to file this statement in its permanent records as added proof of compliance.

This statement is not subject to interpretation or to any internal judicial committee (Star-Chamber) review or AD HOMINEM attracts, as it is my stated belief; I was never actually a member of Jehovah's Witnesses. I will not meet with a Judicial Committee of Jehovah's Witnesses, nor with any of the Elders of Jehovah's Witnesses for any further discussion of my letter or this matter.

I will not tolerate any further contact by Elders of Jehovah's Witnesses in phone calls; my statements here are sufficient. If this letter of Baptism Nullification is not honored, and a disfellowshipping or disassociation is announced in the congregation against me; or if any Elders further attempt to harass or contact me other than a final acknowledgement by mail of this letter I will pursue this matter with my attorney in a lawsuit against (name of your congregation) Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses, and the Watchtower Bible & Tract Society.

_____________________________________ your printed name and signature

(to signed in front of a Notary to make it legal and binding)

I, ________________________I notary Public for _______________county

hereby certify that (writers name inserted here), Declarant signed above in my

presence.

Dated this ____day of _________________2005

Notary Public for the County of _____________________________

• RR
    RR
    I wonder if you can get it annulled if you can prove that you were mentally unstable at the time?

oh puleeze ... their all unstable, even the ons here!

• Mary
    Mary
    I think that someone here about 3 months ago or so escaped judicial expulsion on the grounds that he was underage and thereby not legally responsible to make any contractual agreement

If memory serves, this point was brought up in the legal suit that the WTS started against Quotes. The lawsuit claimed:

(h) damages for breach of contract and breach of confidence in an amount to be determined prior to the commencement of trial;

I don't recall signing a legal contract when I got baptized at the age of 14, but if the WTS insists on viewing a baptism as a "legal contract" whereby they can hold people accountable, then they also have to realize that this 'contract' is null and void if entered into by someone under the legal age.

• Scully
    Scully

Mary:

If memory serves, this point was brought up in the legal suit that the WTS started against Quotes. The lawsuit claimed:

(h) damages for breach of contract and breach of confidence in an amount to be determined prior to the commencement of trial;

I don't recall signing a legal contract when I got baptized at the age of 14, but if the WTS insists on viewing a baptism as a "legal contract" whereby they can hold people accountable, then they also have to realize that this 'contract' is null and void if entered into by someone under the legal age.

Yes, this came up during the Quotes fiasco. There was some clarification, though, that this "breach of contract" allegation was with reference to the terms of the EULA on the WT Library CD-ROM, which will only install if you agree to the terms therein, including not posting any of the contents on the Internet, or using the CD-ROM for anything other than personal use.

• slugga
    slugga

All this claiming you were pressurised into getting baptised wouldn't hold water in my old congregation. The first time you asked to be baptised there you were always turned down (unless you were an elders kid) You really had to work your butt off to show you were ready for it.

• Scully
    Scully

It would be a very interesting project to see if we could come up with a formula for baptism nullification.

I think there is a very valid case for claiming the use of deception and unethical practices (like Theocratic War Strategy™), by the WTS and its agents (rank and file JWs), in order to procure membership (which is officiated at the time of baptism) as a means of nullifying a baptism. There is a definite process involved: locating a vulnerable target, seduction of the target, the target buys into the con job, the target discovers they have been conned and finally, the target wants out, but is trapped in the con.

It would require a thorough review of the study publications that are used to bring individuals to the point of baptism, a thorough review of the indoctrination techniques endorsed by the WTS (which would be published in more "private" - for JWs only - manuals and newsletters, like the monthly Kingdom Ministry), and the social pressures brought to bear upon individuals to elicit their desire to belong to the group, which can be exposed through comparison with studies done in the field of social psychology (group dynamics, propaganda studies, etc.)

• Mary
    Mary
    Scully said: There is a definite process involved: locating a vulnerable target, seduction of the target, the target buys into the con job, the target discovers they have been conned and finally, the target wants out, but is trapped in the con.

Ya, it's called Breach of Trust!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit