The Happiest People in the World

by MerryMagdalene 6 Replies latest social current

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene
    According to the results of the global "Happiness Study," Australia has the happiest population with 46 percent saying they are “very happy.” The United States is the second happiest country in the world at 40 percent followed by Egypt (36 percent), and India (34 percent). The U.K. and Canada share the fifth spot with 32 percent claiming to be very happy.

According to the study, Hungary is the least happy country with 35 percent of its citizens saying they are either “disappointed” or “very unhappy,” followed by Russia (30 percent), Turkey (28 percent), South Africa (25 percent) and Poland (24 percent).

Globally, 20 percent of people claim to be “very happy” while 62 percent of individuals are “satisfied.” Ten percent of the world's population claim to be “disappointed” and 4 percent admit to being “very unhappy.”

I'm curious what a study like this would show if it were divided amongst religions and religious sects. Maybe I'm way too cynical but I can't help but think the majority of unhappy religious people would probably lie and say they were happy just because they are "supposed to be" better and happier than everyone else.

Your thoughts?

~Merry

• trevor
    trevor

The happiest people in the world are Jehovah’s Witnesses. You can tell by their kingdom smiles and the cheerful way they go from door to door.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Hey, that result makes me happy!

What is it with these happiness level surveys? There was one just done by Federal electorate in Australia recently. The happiest people turned out to be those in electorates that returned conservative MPs to parliament, while the unhappiest were those in Labor voting electorates. I'm not making this up!

• upside/down
    upside/down
    I'm curious what a study like this would show if it were divided amongst religions and religious sects. Maybe I'm way too cynical but I can't help but think the majority of unhappy religious people would probably lie and say they were happy just because they are "supposed to be" better and happier than everyone else.

Correct...

More importantly...WHY are these people claiming to be happy?

Happiness is so subjective... Remember all the HAPPY people that followed Jim Jones down to Guayana?

u/d(of the "happy" people scare me class)

• greendawn
    greendawn

Not many people in cultish religions like the JWs can be a happy lot because of the high pressure high demand environment they exist in. Each day is a spiritual struggle for survival and if one falls it's back to square one, everything they did and laboured for is erased.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

The happiest people in the world are Jehovah’s Witnesses. You can tell by their kingdom smiles and the cheerful way they go from door to door.

Sad LOL, Trevor. That kind of "happy" is just exhausting...I don't know how my family is able to maintain it. Must be all those circuit and district pep rallies

Hey, that result makes me happy!

I'm happy you're happy, Stephanus

Hope we're not scaring ya, U/DBut I agree, some kinds of happy really are scary.

Each day is a spiritual struggle for survival and if one falls it's back to square one, everything they did and laboured for is erased.

And that's just horrenously sad, GreendawnToo true.

~Merry

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

I think happiness is relative. It would depend alot on ones situation at the time of questioning. Happiness can fade very quickly as we all know. There are so many variables. How many times do we hear people say " just give me a million bucks and I'll be happy". Yet there are so many people with money that are miserable. Just a thought. Im happy on at least one count though. Happy to be out of the borg.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit