As a JW, did you feel superior to worldly people?

by JH 31 Replies latest jw friends

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Silly question # 1500 for me

ooo!! oooo! you belong to the junior minimus club now

Just kiddin it's a good question. See even superior me validated it!

• Chimene
    Chimene
    i've never felt superior to anyone and i like it that way.

Ditto

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

You bet JH And the notion that my family and myself would never have to worry about dying. Crazy

Dismembered

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

I never did, honestly. I know all of my JW friends did though.

GBL

• prophecor
    prophecor

One of the most ef'ed up things about having been JW. I had instilled in me an air of superiority, especially among my family members. I was too good to go to any of their gatherings, Thanksgiving Dinner, simple family gatherings. My neighbors I was even more superior to. It's a very sad commentary on the life of a used to be wanna' be.

• jojochan
    jojochan

Only in a sense of I used to think knew the worlds best kept secret. I personally did'nt feel prideful, which was wrong to me.But my family feels superior in a sense that they feel more moraly upright holy and spiritually aware which bothered me in their prejudiced veiws of those that don't believe what they believe.What a better witness it would be if they did'nt have distinctions between "worldly" and "true believers", "sheep" and "goat".Those very words are racist to me and irritate me to no end now that I'm leaving.

jojochan.

• lucifer
    lucifer

I felt like I knew a secret they didn't know, so I was 'special'

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Of course!

I was too good to go to any of their gatherings, Thanksgiving Dinner, simple family gatherings.

Same here! Associating with worldly family members (which is my entire family) was something I realized was looked down upon. How dare I spend thanksgiving w/them instead of share in the get together with friends from the kh?!

Sad, really, because superiority is the reason I've drifted away from most family members.

Lucifer, great point!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I didn't exactly feel superior, but I knew that I had a better future ahead of me than they did, unless they were wise enough to listen to what I was telling them.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It's one of the things that sickened me about being in the bOrg, the smug sense of superiority that the jws have. My mom displays it all the time. Nothing like a jw snob.

Josie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit