Jehovah's INEFFECTIVE Witness...(Why no TV ministry???)

by Terry 55 Replies latest jw friends

• HiddenQuestioner
    HiddenQuestioner

Can I suggest Billboards instead of TV?

This issue of needing to use the best in message delivery has always been a sore point with me in my 30+ years of door to door activity i.e. generally 3 hours a month.

I can clearly remember as a young lad as I went from door to door thinking if we have such a life saving message why no Billboards plastered along the highways warning people of the coming BIG A

Hence I have always been HQ..the HiddenQuestioner

• Balsam
    Balsam

Terry you rock. My husband and I were talking about this just the other night speculating on the preaching work being of any value at all and why does the WTS still push it. Makes absolute sense Terry, thanks.

Balsam

• Terry
    Terry

I was approached by a Melaluca salesman a while back. I had never really heard of the product. It was presented as quite miraculous.

I began thinking of how and why it was sold the way it was (one to one conversion) and the link to JW strategy became more evident.

Ahhh, the beauty of it all. An ugly beauty.

T.

• Andy C
    Andy C
    Melaluca

Tree bark is what is good for you. It heals eveything.

• Terry
    Terry
    Tree bark is what is good for you. It heals eveything.

When I was a JW I was barking up the wrong tree

• Balsam
    Balsam

Terry do you know of any links that fully show the total holdings of the WTBTS. It seems that they are all over the place and none of us have been able to fully track down all their money or their property holdings. I am curious if anyone knows for sure. I saw that hey had investments in the Rand Corp. and Phillip Morris, but it really makes me wonder what all they may have invested in stocks of various sources.

Balsam

• willyloman
    willyloman

Another of those wonderful threads that make me happy to be an ex-dub and glad I found this forum. Many, many profound statements here, including:

the bastards at the top have promoted this useless pioneering idiocy to give people a sense of importance and a sense that they are doing something to win Jehovah's approval, but in reality it only satisfies the R & F's desire of feeling superior to others who cannot or do not want to participate in this activity.

Just brilliant!

• Terry
    Terry
    Terry do you know of any links that fully show the total holdings of the WTBTS.

Try this link:http://www.watchtowernews.org/randcam.htm

The miracle of money is this. Once you have a huge wad and investment you can't believe how quickly the fortune enlarges into an unwieldy super-wad that has to be re-invested again and again until you practically own the world.

The WTS is so gorged (like a currency tick) with assets the re-organization was an emergency measure to seal off liability.

They are a big target like the Catholic Church.

Funny how the Watchtower fits the description of the Whore as well as their old target Catholicism.

What goes around comes around.

More to the point: there are many websites that show a piece of the puzzle and slices of the pie. It is fun to snoop around.

T.

• Andy C
    Andy C
    When I was a JW I was barking up the wrong tree

WOOF! WOOF!

• suavojr
    suavojr

Time to update Terry's thread

You have to face the facts! (I've heard that before, lol) http://tv.jw.org/ is coming to a TV and Computer near you.

"THE TRUTH NETWORK"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit