we left out of boredom

by joelbear 17 Replies latest jw friends

• joelbear
    joelbear

andi, we are on exactly the same path. lets keep each other informed of our progress. its a slow change for me to creep out of familiar places, even places that i am unhappy with, but i think museums, theater groups, photography clubs etc. are the right answer. i have joined the atlanta board game group and it is excellent therapy.

i hope i can meet more potters too and artists in general.

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral
    I've decided that in order for me to consistently feel inspired, are to be around other inspiring and creative souls and/or their work. I'm seriously thinking about getting a membership to the local museum just for starters.

Andi, go for it!

My son got his first job by applying at a comic book store that he loved and hung out in. They already knew him to be knowledgeable and motivated, so they hired him without a struggle By all means let the museum take you places!

Two other good resources: Failing Forward: How to Make the Most of Your Mistakes by John C. Maxwell, and Success Without a College Degree: Dissolving the Roadblocks Between You and Success by John Murphy. (Not to diss college, by any means! But don't wait for the sheepskin for "permission" to travel the road you want.)

GentlyFeral

• jojochan
    jojochan

LOL at joelbear.

The repetitive outlines, the repetitive sighted scriptures that are not read all the way.The repetitive routine in service with already made out presentations that are idiot proof. The same, the same, THE SAME! The same phrases being told to us, the same explainations being told to us when we are at our lowest point. And to be satisfied with THAT! All this time with looking forward to something, putting your life on pause for something....instead of just living,JUST LIVING! True freedom?! Not in the collective will you really experience that true freedom. Oh, well, granted if you do experience that, but it's only conditional if you stay nesteled within the bosom of their dogma, and if you literally hang on the teat of "mother".

I'm done... I'll get off my soapbox now.

• jojochan
    jojochan

Yeah... we ARE too creative....but so what.

I'm LOVIN' IT! lol!

jojochan.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I never gave up my love for secular music during my j-dub years, and it was a constant pull on me, because there are so many groups and musicians whose creativity I marvel at and who have enriched my life so much, and my intuition always told me that great artists never become JW's, they're too expansive to get caught up in such a weird, petty little cult. Prince being an unfortunate exception.

• joelbear
    joelbear

i have a hard time picturing prince at a year's worth of watchtower studies and still being impressed with the witnesses. but maybe he needed some repetitiveness and structure in his life.

are watchtower meetings what the new system will be like? yikes!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Looking back, it did get very stale towards the end, all the recycled stuff in the mags, the same old info in talks, the exhortation to do more in service. You are so right jb, it WAS boring.

• jojochan
    jojochan
    and my intuition always told me that great artists never become JW's, they're too expansive to get caught up in such a weird, petty little cult. Prince being an unfortunate exception.

LOL! What's even funnier is seeing him at a district convention with heels and pxie cut with light make up.

jojochan.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit