"Jehovah unmasked" - Bible account about unborn babys killed???

by Trojan 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• skyman
    skyman

Skyman chapter 1 verse 12: Ye repent you sinners or I shale cut you to pieces. Your unborn will feel the pain of your sin. To the tenth generation I will hunt you down, if somehow you make it out of the city without Me the GOD of the heavens finding out that you fled. I love to kill the innocent with those that did not know they sinned against me. (I like blood you know) Repent, and spoil my fun.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Shining One:

The judgement fell on all: adults and children. You have to remember the context. Hosea was preaching to people who were moving steadily toward God's wrath. Could the goal have been to wake them up to give them the opportunity to repent?

What could children and the unborn possibly need to repent of?

• Shining One
    Shining One

>What could children and the unborn possibly need to repent of?

Nothing. Adults are responsible for what befalls their children. If a parent takes his children for a ride in the car, not belting them in securly and they get hurt or killed in an accident then they have put the children at risk. Now, magnify that to an example of where the road conditions are dangerous and the authorities have warned people to stay at home!
    Rex

• kid-A
    kid-A

Nothing. Adults are responsible for what befalls their children. If a parent takes his children for a ride in the car, not belting them in securly and they get hurt or killed in an accident then they have put the children at risk. Now, magnify that to an example of where the road conditions are dangerous and the authorities have warned people to stay at home!

This is a ridiculous analogy and has no bearing in the present context. The closest analogy to this "hosea" bible bullshit would be a legal system that executes the children of so-called "guilty" parents. This was the mentality of the Nazis. Kill the children of the jews because their parents were guilty of being of "jewish blood". Anybody that worships this god of hate needs to have their heads examined.

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

Shining One:

Not for the first time, you are confusing the consequences of an action with a deliberate punishment. Using your analogy, if a police officer stopped the car, he would probably punish the parents, and perhaps even have the children taken away from them for their own protection. Nobody with even the foggiest concept of justice would consider punishing the children.

• Shining One
    Shining One

Kid,
    Do you actually not know that the book is an analogy of Israel in rebellion? You JW literalists 'can't see the forest for the trees' but I guess you still retain the Watchtower's penchant for context abuse. It is a horrific prophecy for the purpose of bring the nation back to their God.
    Rex

• Shining One
    Shining One

>and perhaps even have the children taken away from them for their own protection.

1) Since it is God Himself who sets the days of our life and death your protest of the terms has no logical basis. 2) Premature deaths of the unborn or of any children are covered in scripture. Those who die in such a way are ushered into heaven by the angels of the Lord. They are with the God who created them.
    Rex

• Narkissos
    Narkissos
    Adults are responsible for what befalls their children.
    it is God Himself who sets the days of our life and death

Hmm... so the adults are responsible for bringing upon their children what has been set by God?

Premature deaths of the unborn or of any children are covered in scripture. Those who die in such a way are ushered into heaven by the angels of the Lord. They are with the God who created them.

Interesting. I must have missed the text. References?

Btw, by your previous statement, is there something like premature death?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit