"Jehovah unmasked" - Bible account about unborn babys killed???

by Trojan 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Trojan
    Trojan

I have heard that the book "Jehovah unmasked" mentioned a bible account about slashed pregnant woman and unborn babys being killed.

I can't remember having read something like that in the Bible. What account is the author refering to?

Trojan.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

The only references I find for that are 2 Kings 8:12 and 15:16...you can check those out and see what the context is.

~Merry

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Oh wait, here's a couple more:

Hosea 13:16 and Amos 1:13

~Merry

• Severus
    Severus

Hosea 13:16 NWT:

Samaria will be held guilty, for she is actually rebellious against her God. By the sword they will fall. Their own children will be dashed to pieces, and their pregnant women themselves will be ripped up.

• darkuncle29
    darkuncle29

Sounds like something the clerics of Allah would order up. Jehovah...Allah....Hmmm?

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

"...their pregnant women themselves will be ripped up."

Ahh, such delightful words of truth! So refreshing to hear the Word of God! I will extoll my God's virtues - how do I love thee, Yahweh!

• skyman
    skyman

Very nice GOD at times. Maybe it was not GOD that said to do this. We all know that GOD could not have said to do this. My GOD is love

• bebu
    bebu

First, I don't think God was really thrilled at the prospect of the trouble that would come upon Israel.

After Jesus denounced the pharisees with several woes, he said,

MT 23:37 "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing. 38 Look, your house is left to you desolate. 39 For I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, `Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.' "

He knew that "one stone would not be left on top of another", and wept. It was an awful carnage when it happened later. He mourned it in advance.

I think that is the same kind of feeling in the verses about the little children and pregnant women being killed. God mourns, not delights, in what He knows will happen. I warn my sons certain things that will happen if they make poor choices. My son got in trouble recently, and I had to explain how rough it would be... but I was not rejoicing over that. I would so much more prefer that he choose wisely and avoid all of the troubles.

Second, would it sound nicer God had said, "your women and children will be die by the sword along with you"? It's the same message, just not as sharp because it spares the details. War was occasionally leveled in a total, not partial, form, and God was warning the Jews that what was ahead would be extreme. It wasn't a happy pronouncement.

Last, A chess piece leaving the gameboard is not the worst thing that can happen to it. And a person dying is not the worst thing that can happen either, I think. But that's because I wasn't raised as a dub.

bebu

• Purza
    Purza
    Ahh, such delightful words of truth! So refreshing to hear the Word of God! I will extoll my God's virtues - how do I love thee, Yahweh!

ROTF

Amen Daniel-P!

Purza

• Shining One
    Shining One

>Hosea 13:16 NWT: Samaria will be held guilty, for she is actually rebellious against her God. By the sword they will fall. Their own children will be dashed to pieces, and their pregnant women themselves will be ripped up.

The judgement fell on all: adults and children. You have to remember the context. Hosea was preaching to people who were moving steadily toward God's wrath. Could the goal have been to wake them up to give them the opportunity to repent?
    Rex

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit