What's the longest you ever kept a pet?

by JH 31 Replies latest jw friends

• greendawn
    greendawn

I had a cat called Laurie for seven years and then it disappeared either stolen or it died somehow perhaps run over by a car.

• damselfly
    damselfly

My kitty was 6 this fall. I've told her she has to live forever because she's my sweetie, she purred back which means she agrees with me.

Dams

• kid-A
    kid-A

My cat, 22 years. I miss her every day.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    I also had a parakeet for 13 years when I was young

Looked something like this

LOL@ JH - Looks suspiciously like a female Australian budgy to me!

Scamp the wonderdog: 24 years

Shelly the tortoise shell cat: 18 years

Now I am domestic pet free but live amoungst wild beasts - 50 year old black cockatoos, even older goannas and possum hunting owls & twenty year old forrest bats & such

• JH
  • stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

6 weeks - a goldfish

• JH
    JH
    6 weeks - a goldfish

Did you eat it?

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

We had a beautiful half-Persian gray and white cat that was a member of our family for 15 years.

We got our present fur kids at the Shelter shortly after that one died in 1996.

Annie

• Ellie
    Ellie

Not long really, I bought a rabbit for my little girl a while ago but it escaped, then I bought her a dog which she was accidentely cruel to, we realised she was too young for a pet when she threw it down the stairs (she was only 2 at the time) so we got a cyber pet but it kept making the computer crash.

I would love a new little dog but might wait a while.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    Not long really, I bought a rabbit for my little girl a while ago but it escaped, then I bought her a dog which she was accidentally cruel to, we realised she was too young for a pet when she threw it down the stairs (she was only 2 at the time) so we got a cyber pet but it kept making the computer crash.

Sounds familiar. Growing up my family went through quite a few pets. Cats, dogs, birds, fish, snakes, rabbits.... and absolutely none of them died of natural causes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit