What's the longest you ever kept a pet?

by JH 31 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

My cat is going on 13 in April. I guess that inside cats can live up to 17 or 18.

I never had a same pet for that long. I keep them t'il they die.

• delilah
    delilah

We had a siamese cat that lived 18 years....she was a wonderful indoor pet. I sure miss her....we have a dog now, and she's going to be 8 in the spring.

• Gill
    Gill

32 years!

• lostlantern
    lostlantern

We had a dog for 15 years. My husband and I now have a Labrador that is 8 and a chihuahua that is 4. They are our "kids", I only wish they could outlast us. Our Labrador is having health problems, just started him on phenobarbital last week for epilepsy. I dread the day that a possible "decision" may have to be made but I totally agree: keep them until they die.

• ferret
    ferret

LADDIE A dog we had for 18 yrs, The only dog we had while growing up. No one could touch us or he would jump them and make them back off. Great watch dog.

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka

I had a lizard named Sam for 4 years when I was a little girl, we kept him until he died, and we had a guinea pig named Cookie when I was in high school and we had her for 5 years, from when she was just a little piggie until she got sick and died last year.

If you're gonna have a pet, you should keep it for its entire life and love it no matter what. Otherwise, what's the point of having a pet??

-Becka :)

• JH
    JH

I also had a parakeet for 13 years when I was young

Looked something like this

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

I had a black shark fish for five or six years. This is not mine but if you've seen one you've seen em all.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

I have two cats who are about 7 years old.

• simplesally
    simplesally

I had a cat named Tggger who lived 15 years. It was sad when he died.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit