THE GIRL WITH THE MOON IN HER EYES

by Terry 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Terry
    Terry

http://s37.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3C92464QVUU0G04IDYEN54OSMG

This is the link to my PIANO VERSION to make the melody more explicable to the ear for any would-be lyric writer.

Thanks,

T.

• Terry
    Terry
    You haven't mentioned Terms. Talk about the $$$$$.

Ahhh, would that it worked that way indeed.

In the meatgrinder called "the music biz" it works this way.

1.You write a song.

2.You find somebody who is interested in the song.

3.If the song is liked enough to make the singer happy *(without wanting to write their OWN lyric to get half the residual payments) they approach their agent.

4.If a Producer (money man) wants to pay to record it the decision is made about the arrangement.

5.The arrangement is created (what instruments will play and how) and must pass approval.

6.The A&R person (artists and repetoire) hires the musicians

7.A recording studio is hired along with an engineer (all of whom make mega bucks per hour).

8.The tracks are laid down

9.The engineer mixes the tracks.

10. The producer and singer listen and make suggestions and finally approve the mixed down version

11.An album is compiled (with other recorded pieces)

12.Money for promotion must be decided. What venues for advertising? etc

13. The album goes out into the world.

14.Months (even years) pass....

15.The end of each fiscal period comes and the sales figures for the album are posted by the publisher and an accounting is made.

16.The per cent of the per cent of the composer/lyricist share is tallied.

17.Too late, the composer and lyricist have died of either old age or starvation.

In other words......ha ha ha ha ha ha.

We'd be lucky to make anything at all unless lightning strikes and the song becomes a BIG HIT. Then you might see some money.

Record companies lose millions fishing for just one mega hit.

Sigh....

• Nina
    Nina

Sounds a lot like "working" for WT.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

I just listened to the piano version just now and I was blown away! Very beautiful song Terry, I am very impressed. .......... Okay I just downloaded both copies. Very nice piano triplets. Didn't you post a link to some other music you wrote? I can't find where that thread dissappeared to...

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

Terry, that is truly beautiful, I used to write poetry, but have also lost my muse for years now, oh, I write things here and there but not like before. I hope you find the appropriate words for that. If I think of something I will pm you.

IC

• Terry
    Terry
    I just listened to the piano version just now and I was blown away! Very beautiful song Terry, I am very impressed. .......... Okay I just downloaded both copies. Very nice piano triplets. Didn't you post a link to some other music you wrote? I can't find where that thread dissappeared to...

You are too kind; thank you. I'm humbled. (Well, as close as I can get :)

I have a Yahoo Group devoted to my latest compositions.

If you join there are no dues and you don't have to wear a crappy T-shirt

Here it is: http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/walstrom/

I appreciate your interest!

Also, there is a whole music section of my stuff at Randy Watter's FREE MINDS site:

http://www.freeminds.org/aftrhour/paradise_lost.htm

• LDH
    LDH
    17.Too late, the composer and lyricist have died of either old age or starvation.

In other words......ha ha ha ha ha ha.

LOL!

I'll ask my kid, she's amazingly creative at writing.

• Terry
    Terry

Terry, that is truly beautiful, I used to write poetry, but have also lost my muse for years now, oh, I write things here and there but not like before. I hope you find the appropriate words for that. If I think of something I will pm you.

IC

Thanks.

I'd write my own lyric, but, I tend toward the purple. I need something pure and disconnected from the Sinatra era

T

• trevor
    trevor
    I'd write my own lyric, but, I tend toward the purple. I need something pure...

Try meditation Terry - You will amaze yourself!

• Terry
    Terry
    Try meditation Terry - You will amaze yourself!

I just did.......

I fell asleep!

Amazing!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit