Radical Jehovah's Witnesses POSSIBLY responsible for burning down churches?

by sf 24 Replies latest jw friends

• bebu
    bebu

Anything's possible, but I highly, highly doubt this.

JWs tend to pride themselves more on being non-violent and peaceable sorts. Except for when they have to discipline a young child, that is.

bebu

• Nina
    Nina

sf, you asked:

nina,

Why would exjws burn down "churches that teach false religion"?

What I said was:

XJW's are more likely rads.

Nina

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

We need more data for processing... for instance, what denomination are the churches that were burnt? Were they all of the same denomination or from different ones? Maybe they'll start burning Kingdumb Halls... one can only hope. :)

• sf
    sf

Geez nina, that clears it up alright. Thanks! I mean, it certainly isn't radical thinking to go around preaching death to those who don't kiss jehovah's Watchtower Leaders ass.

u/d...

The average JW is more pacifist than anything else.

As I put in bold text, I'm referring to POSSIBLE radical jws. I'm not speaking of the average ones. Average jws are par for the course, of course.

mast...

what denomination are the churches that were burnt? Were they all of the same denomination

As I understand it, they are mostly Baptist churches:

http://www.dukenews.duke.edu/2006/02/churchburn.html

Alabama Church Fires Try to Attack Foundations of Faith

“The local church is both guide and anchor for the community’s morality and religion," says Richard Lischer

Wednesday, February 8, 2006

Durham, N.C. -- While federal, state and local officials search for the arsonists who have damaged or destroyed nine Alabama churches in the past week, a Duke University Divinity School professor says the impact of such actions is clear.

"We don’t know the motives of the terrorists who have burned several rural Baptist churches in Alabama, but we do understand the devastating effects of a church-burning on a small town," said Richard Lischer, Cleland Professor of Preaching at Duke’s Divinity School. "The local church is both guide and anchor for the community’s morality and religion. It helps hold life together."

Four churches, all within an hour’s drive of one another in rural western Alabama, were burned by suspicious fires Tuesday. Five churches were burned last Friday in the central part of the state.

"In Nazi Germany, it was the burning of synagogues. In the American South of the 1950s and ’60s, it was the burning of little black churches. In other parts of the world, it is the mosques that are going up in flames," said Lischer, a former pastor of a rural congregation and author of "Open Secrets: A Memoir of Faith and Discovery" (2002), which chronicles his pastoral experience.

"Every such attack is an attempt to shake and destroy a community’s foundation of faith," Lischer said. "Which is why Martin Luther King and his associates often held services in the smoldering ruins of fire-bombed churches. Their message was, ‘You can’t kill God.’"

sKally

• Honesty
    Honesty
    We need more data for processing... for instance, what denomination are the churches that were burnt? Were they all of the same denomination or from different ones?

All Baptist. Almost evenly divided between predominately black and white.

• Think
    Think

Is possible, and very real. They are drones, people controlled by RemoteCotrolTower.

How the people in 9/11 decided to fly a jet into a building? Normal person will not do it.

Brainwashed and Remote Controlled Fanatic WILL DO IT, They not acting on theyir will but the Cult Leader.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad
    Radical Jehovah's Witnesses POSSIBLY responsible for burning down churches?

This crazy thought actually came into my somewhat thick mind when I first heard of these incidences.

I doubt it very much though! I can't believe that a "sincere" "believing from the heart" JW would ever think of doing such a thing.

BUT.........a radical JW might?

HD

• blondie
    blondie

"Radical" JWs.........hmmm? Is there such an animal? Verbally perhaps, many love to stab others in the back with gossip and slander.

Burn down churches.........not likely since they are conditioned not to be violent, that God and the angels will do the killing for them, that they will stand by and watch it happen...

I can see some rebellious on the edge JWs doing this...I knew some that burglarized the KH, when no one was there.

No, JWs, are truly sheep trained to obey the FDS; taught that allowing themselves to be killed and tortured is a badge of being a "true" Christian.

No, as a group, JWs are quite cowardly.

Blondie

• Valient
    Valient

I have met some foolish young persons but even IF JW'S were involved it would be a minority and obviously they are not faithfully

adhering to principles outlined by the Bible.

Most likely it is a hate group, possibly has ties to the white supremists group KKK or an attack by someone inside the churches who

like many here are VERY, VERY disgruntled.

• Valient
    Valient

Blondie,

Does that mean Yeshua is a coward?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit