Radical Jehovah's Witnesses POSSIBLY responsible for burning down churches?

by sf 24 Replies latest jw friends

• sf
    sf

A thought just occured to me while reading Metatrons recent thread:

[ http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/107410/1.ashx ]

Could POSSIBLY, a few radical jws, who adhere to what the WTBTS [FDS/GoverningBody] says is "promoting false religion", go as far as destroying said churches in the south right now? Thusly, "doing Gods Will in service", so to speak?

A total of nine churches have burned to the ground now in Alabama, with the growing fear of more to follow.

Is it too far-fetched to think this a possibility, at least?

sKally

• Highlander
    Highlander

It wouldn't surprise me one bit. As a teenager I vandalized my share of churches. I knew it was wrong, but justified it with my jw background.

One church I 'hit' many times, had a very large cross that was well lit during the night,, I would go there at night,, climb up the cross and break the light bulbs

on the cross part, successfully turning it into a 'torture stake' it was quite funny in my mind. Now I realize that I could care less about the cross/stake argument.

I feel bad for some of the things I did.

• minimus
    minimus

I think they made the 2 newest GB members do it! They said there were reports of about 10 old white men led by one old black man strolling around the area. Word has it that this was done because of people finding out about Charles Taze Russell and the Illumaniti.

• Nina
    Nina

JW's "who adhere to what the WTBTS [FDS/GoverningBody] says" are sheeplike (TM).

XJW's are more likely rads.

Nina

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I was sort of waiting for somebody to say this. Given what we know, it was the first thing that came to mind.. No ! not unless there is any evidence...

I thought they had given up burning crosses in Alabama

• sf
    sf

So mini, are you saying it IS far-fetched to think the P-O-S-S-I-B-I-L-T-Y exists, or it doesn't?

Please tiny one, be more clear!

sKally

• sf
    sf

nina,

Why would exjws burn down "churches that teach false religion"?

sKally

• minimus
    minimus

Yeah...far fetched. But not as far fetched as the Illuminati.

• undercover
    undercover
    Could POSSIBLY, a few radical jws, who adhere to what the WTBTS [FDS/GoverningBody] says is "promoting false religion", go as far as destroying said churches in the south right now? Thusly, "doing Gods Will in service", so to speak?

Is it too far-fetched to think this a possibility, at least?

Yes, it's too far-fetched...

If it is someone who has ties to the witnesses they would have definite mental problems and wouldn't be any more a faithful, loyal JW than any of us on this board.

The average JW is more pacifist than anything else. They sit around waiting, and waiting, and waiting, for Jehovah to destroy the false religions, politcal world and wicked. They may secretly cheer anything bad that happens to Christendom or worldly governments, but they would not be the ones actually doing anything like that.

• heathen
    heathen

I don't think jws are the likely suspect tho wouldn't exclude them from any line up. Just because somebody says they are jw or christian does not mean they actually are .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit