Jw men in relationships with "worldly women" take notice.

by jojochan 38 Replies latest social relationships

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka
    Becka, was you not in "the truth"?

Ahh, never in my life have I been so thankful to be a pure-bred Anglican. 'Round here, when the JWs come knocking, we don't answer the door. Maybe that's why they haven't been around in years.

Us Newfies are happy with our old-fashioned churches and faiths, and we're mostly Catholics and Anglicans, we don't need any JWs trying to change us.

-Becka :)

• ballistic
    ballistic

Oh, well that explains a few things... and kinda makes a few things more difficult to understand. How did you guys meet when you live so far apart?

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka
    Oh, well that explains a few things... and kinda makes a few things more difficult to understand. How did you guys meet when you live so far apart?

Ooo, I love telling my story, but I hate how it begins, it's a little embarrassing.

We met on the Internet last January, through www.hotornot.com. He saw my picture there, thought my rating was too low and wanted to meet me. I agreed to make him one of my "double-matches" (both people have to agree, and there's no exchange of personal information) and he emailed me through the Hot-or-Not email system (again, no personal contact information), and we started to email each other. I had a boyfriend at the time, so we were just friends, I made that clear to him, and it went from there. My other relationship fell apart when my boyfriend cheated on me and then my current boyfriend asked to meet me in person, so he came all the way over here from Oregon, just to meet me.

He's really a sweet guy, I fell for him almost right away, and the worst part is, I knew he was a JW, I just didn't know anything about the WTS back then.

Corny story, right??

• ballistic
    ballistic

No, I met someone through an AOL chat room and I don't even have AOL.

I just hope everything works out. Obviously you are aware of the complications. Sometimes the problems with dating a JW are not the beliefs, whether the organisation belonged to the UN, or whether they accept blood, but the mindset. The way they are brought up to view women, interpersonal relationships in general.

But there again that kinda stuff is all difficult at a young age anyway.

Well, I think you know what you are doing.

• Golf
    Golf

After 43 years, I'm still married to the same worldy women!

Golf

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka
    I just hope everything works out. Obviously you are aware of the complications. Sometimes the problems with dating a JW are not the beliefs, whether the organisation belonged to the UN, or whether they accept blood, but the mindset. The way they are brought up to view women, interpersonal relationships in general.

Ooo, me, too. He's such a great guy, it's just that his belief system is getting in the way of things. He's not trying to force me to be subservient to him, he knows better than to try and convert me and he doesn't dislike me or my family because we're not JWs, but there are still major issues, like the fact that I celebrate all holidays and he doesn't, he thinks they're all evil, especially Christmas. The blood issue bugs me, too - I keep thinking of what would happen if he got sick or hurt and needed blood to live, I know he'd refuse and that breaks my heart. He knows my stance on blood, though - I'm a blood donor, I'm a big supporter of blood donation and I'm also an organ donor, and he hasn't tried to sway me from those things.

Ugh, why do relationships have to be so complicated?? Why can't I just have a normal one for once in my life??

I'm just glad that I found this forum, I've learned a lot here and I'm certainly better prepared to deal with certain JW-related issues now. I've been educating myself, I'm not walking into this blindly. I think I can handle it... I hope.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Becka, I'm off to bed for the night, but I just wanna say I hope you are in love with this guy and he with you. That is the only thing that can make the relationship work. It took me into my thirties to know what love actually is, and now I know, I know it can do a lot of things.

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka
    Becka, I'm off to bed for the night, but I just wanna say I hope you are in love with this guy and he with you. That is the only thing that can make the relationship work. It took me into my thirties to know what love actually is, and now I know, I know it can do a lot of things.

Thanks, ballistic, it's nice to know that there's someone else out there who thinks that this might work out well. We really do love each other, we'll just have to take it one step at a time and see how it goes. I appreciate your kind words and support, I really need those things right now.

Good night!!

• jojochan
    jojochan
    I'll think about this some more, and I'll probably PM you over the weekend, jojochan, with a few questions, if that's not too much trouble. Maybe you can clue me in on some things that I haven't picked up on yet.

Better yet e mail me if you'd like. no problem at all.

But you know...maybe what bugs him IS talking abou the religion. Maybe..relax his mind in regards to it, so he can forget about it for a little while You have that power to distract him, darling...use it.

jojochan.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit