Quotes to be guest on Drew Marshall Radio show Sat Feb 11 @ 4pm

by Quotes 22 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Quotes
    Quotes

I confirmed with Drew this afternoon, I will be his guest this Saturday, February 11 @ 4pm (Eastern Time). Looks like it will be mostly the "Call In" portion of the show.

From Drew's web site: http://www.drewmarshall.ca/weeklyupdate.html:

=====
    # Ever wanted to ask an ex-Jehovah's Witness why they left the organization?

Peter Mosier was a previous guest on our show who grew up in a Jehovah's Witness family, then came to the realization that what he was being raised to believe wasn't standing up to scrutiny. Subsequently, he put together a fantastic website, simply showing primary resource material (stuff JW's say about themselves and their beliefs) then highlighted various points of interest... things to make you say "Hmmm!"

The WatchTower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania sued Peter, seeking a reported $100,000 in damages and a court order to silence the website. Well, they achieved their goal... they silenced Peter's website!
    =====

My previous visit is still avaible on the "Listen" page: http://www.drewmarshall.ca/listen.html; scroll down to Sept 24, 2005.

I am really looking forward to this. Drew is a great guy, and made me feel quite comfortable last time. He was very respectful of my personal beliefs (which are pretty darn close to Tetrapod's, if you know what I mean).

Advertise, Advertise, Advertise!

~Q

Edit to add: AM 1250 in Southwest Ontario

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

I am sorry the site got closed down...

But wish you good luck on the show!

If it wasn't for some of those XJW sites I don't know where I would be..I owe them a lot.

Snoozy Q..

ps..Is Re Examine going to stick around for a while?

• Legolas
    Legolas

Let us know how it goes!

• Honesty
    Honesty

I just bet you will be the new JW Golden Boy after the interview. Throw in a plug for all the new mirrored sites that have popped up because of the WT's stupidity.

• DannyHaszard
  • jgnat
    jgnat

04:00:00 p.m. Saturday February 11, 2006 in Canada/Eastern converts to
    02:00:00 p.m. Saturday February 11, 2006 in Canada/Mountain

http://www.timezoneconverter.com/cgi-bin/tzc.tzc

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Excellent! Sock it to them.

• Quotes
    Quotes

Any suggestions for "talking points"???

There are SSSSSSSSOOOOOOO many options, it is hard to know where to start. And with the nature of "call in" show, much of the available time will be lost, so I have to be efficient with my words.

I have some ideas, but I want to get suggestions from the group here, so if you think you've got a great "GOTCHA, Watchtower", please suggest it here.

~Q

• Poztate
    Poztate

Best of luck to you.I have nothing to suggest you say but I know you will be able to present the facts about the WT cult and the dangers of it very well.

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Talking points??

Well one that I spoke to a social worker about turned into a long discussion.

It was about the shunning and what you can get shunned for.

The part that floored her and something I had never thought of follows.

She mentioned that shunning is done in several religions. I agreed and then told her that being shunned after being excomunicated by the jw's meant you lost any contact with even children brothers sisters and friends fathers and mothers and that shunning in other religions only last for a few weeks or months.

Then I told her that the jw's idea of shunning was for life. Unless one grovels and asks to be reinstated and that takes months and maybe a year and never looked upon the same. That really startled her .

Then I realized that I had never looked at it this way. It is a life time punishment for maybe only questioning one of the wbts beliefs.

Then we talked about pedophiles and wt policy but this lifetime sentence really affected her.

Outoftheorg

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit