Circumcision....How is it justified?

by gringojj 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gringojj
    gringojj

I am unclear on this. It seems for most religions leave this question up to the parents. But how do people justify it? If god created everything perfect for its enviroment, then why would he want people to cut it off? Adam must have had it, there was nobody to cut it off. It didnt just start growing later on men. Some people say its more hygenic. So did god not create our bodies for optimum hygeine? Anyone know?

• blondie
    blondie

Good question!

In the Bible, God made Adam and pronounced him perfect, with all those parts.

When Abraham was instructed to be circumcised and the males in his household, it was a way to steal the covenant not a physical flaw.

After Jesus put aside the law, Christians were not required to get physically circumcised.

So, to be perfect, males shouldn't be circumcised. I wonder if the WTS believes that will all grow back in the new system?

Blondie

• Spectre
    Spectre

Since it was always such a big deal to the Jews to be circumcised, I always wondered what they were always doing looking at other guys wangs of neighboring areas. It seemed it was always the first thing to happen, "OK guys, lift up the robe, lets see it."

• blondie
    blondie

I thought it was for size comparison.

• LDH
    LDH

Sorry to inject this thought. Monday night on Dr. 90210, did anyone see the guy with the hidden penis?

The Dr. that did the surgery said that thousands of men have penis that 'retreat' into their abdomen as a result of 'over aggressive' circumcisions.

I had no idea!!!!

However, it is repairable. The young guy was married, and the Dr. made a point of saying the guy, when erect, appeared totally normal and was able to engage in normal sexual relations. The best part was all the times they showed him in a OB/GYN table with stirrups spread to the world! GUFFAW!!!! Us women take it for granted that we have to spread our legs on that horrible table BUT to see a handsome young guy in that compromising position was GREAT.

Lisa

Now returning you to your regularly scheduled program Class

• Spectre
    Spectre

Oh yeah, size comparison. Isn't there a verse somewhere where they were complaining about women that liked men that were hung like a horse?

• Nellie
    Nellie
    women that liked men that were hung like a horse?

Women - help me out here - it might be great to LOOK at , but I like the idea of being able to walk, don't you! oops - sorry! This is about circumcision. I always thought that during the restoration to perfection process, all those missing foreskins would reappear... like those missing teeth, hair, limbs, etc.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

It became popular in the 19th century to imagine some medical or scientific justification for OT traditions and stories and so doctors began seeking some medical reason for circumcision. It doesn't exist.

It was and is a religious rite. Interestingly the Bible itself makes plain that it was not anything unique to the Jews as some sort of 'sign'. It was practiced by all the indigenous peoples the Jews had contact with. The Philistine immigrants were the odd ones being "uncircumcised".

"Look, the days are coming, Yahweh declares, when I shall punish all who are circumcised only in the flesh: Egypt, Judah, Edom, the Ammonites, Moab, and all the men with shaven temples who live in the desert. For all those nations, and the whole House of Israel too, are uncircumcised at heart." Jer 9:24-25.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

It looks better????

Swalker

• alamb
    alamb

When my son was born the doctor came in to talk to us about it. I asked him what he thought about it. He said he had three sons and none of them were circumcised and he did it for a living. He said it was barbaric. I asked about the cleanliness aspect and he said that was a justification years ago, when people only bathed occasionally and didn't have soap like we do but that was nonsense as we all bathe every day.

I decided against it and he is now almost 4 and has had NO problems. The more I think about it, the more barbaric it sounds.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit