What did I just do?

by mrsjones5 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty

Congratulations!!!

Maybe a lost person will hear about it and join the group. Who knows what will happen to any seeds you plant.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Yaaaah! That is what I am talking about! God's gifts in action.

Not cookie-cutter door-to-door salespeople.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Thanks guys for all your replies. Oh it feels so good to have support, don't it? I'm sure if we were able to get all the ladies here in one room we would have a rockin good time!

I have been pondering for some time now what my spiritual gift is and how I can use it to serve God, the church, and the people in the church. There are so many opportunties, so many ways to serve, it feels confusing at times but it's cool cuz it's not all focused on preaching.

I don't know if I have found my gift. I think I may have others, but discovery is part of the fun, eh?

Josie

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    There are so many opportunties, so many ways to serve, it feels confusing at times but it's cool cuz it's not all focused on preaching.

Josie,

This is right on. What makes this so fun is that we can find ways WE enjoy serving the church, the community, and God. Just like a good parent, He wants us to use our natural skillset at it's highest potential. I'd like to recommend a book to you. It's by Max Lucado called, "Cure for the Common Life: Living in your Sweet Spot". It is exactly the kind of book you might find interesting as you figure out your spiritual gift. If you want I can lend you my copy. I just finished reading it a few weeks ago and it's just gathering dust now.

http://www.maxlucado.com/cure/

Andi

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Thanks Andi,

I like Max Ludaco. At my church one of his children's books was featured in a sermon and the was the first time I had ever heard of him. He's a very cool and insightful writer. Thanks for the suggestion.

Max Lucado's Wemmicks: You Are Special, Picture Book

• sf
    sf

Jonesy, you are FILLED with Christs love woman! Just don't go around throwing bibles, okay?

LOL....seriously, you would be the best choice for the job. You are patient, forgiving, funny and a great mother and wonderful wife. Not to mention, you come up with some mean recipes!

Go forth child!

sKally

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Thank you Girlfriend

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Good for you jonesy! Sounds like fun. I've always wanted to learn to knit. The chunky sweaters are so 2006.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit