Will the GB start to crack soon?

by moshe 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• moshe
    moshe

We have seen what happens to staunch JW's who hang out here. In a year or less they are questioning their beliefs and trying to figure a way out without losing everything. Could this not happen with some of our GB members and members of the WT Corporation? They know of the Internet and are aware of our ex-JW sites, I am sure of this. Knowledge of our sites will lead some to check it out- it's human nature. Some of the GB could fall victim to the power of the Internet. Does anyone have an idea of how we might first notice the cracks forming in the WT leadership?

peace,

Moshe

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Will the GB start to crack soon?

Prolly, if they arent using lotion.

Tell you the truth mosh, Im pretty sure they've bitten off all of their fingernails over the decline in numbers. The memorial dip this last year was no small thing.

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

Well, although this is not impossible, I consider it unlikely. The vast majority of governing body members are very very old. So, they have a huge intellectual investment in their organization. Even if they realize it is wrong, I doubt that many would have the balls to stand up.

However, there is another way they might crack. I wonder what pressures they are under? - lawsuits from every corner, terrible publicity, loss of young members, financial problems, layoffs, doubts, a huge tax assessment in France, stagnant growth, aging demographics, and that pesky internet nipping at them from every corner.

I could see them cracking from stress.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

That's an interesting thought moshe, the tower really would start to shake if that ever happened. Imagine, Ted Jaracz starting a thread on how the wt handles child abuse cases.

I doubt it will happen, but we can dream

• wombat
    wombat

Most interesting thought. It would be pretty tricky for a GB to fade. Maybe, like the lurkers on this site, they would find it easier to keep up the pretence. Never ever get to appreciate a real, free life.

And never has the Society predicted the advent of the internet. Not one scripture. To my mind, the internet is the biggest thing that has happened in my lifetime.

Sorry Mioshie - I'll start my own thread.

Back to your question....dunno

• wombat
    wombat

Sorry for misspelling your name Moshe

• greendawn
    greendawn

I think they always knew the truth about this organisation but they will never admit it because it's not in their interests to do so. IOW they don't give a toss about the truth, instead they seek to suppress it.

• Mary
    Mary
    We have seen what happens to staunch JW's who hang out here. In a year or less they are questioning their beliefs and trying to figure a way out without losing everything. Could this not happen with some of our GB members and members of the WT Corporation?

It did happen. Remember a guy named Ray Franz? Unfortunately, there's no way a member of the GB can get out without losing everything. They cannot do "the fade". Either they bite the bullet, stay and toe the line, or they leave and give up everything they've every known.

Unless you have a majority in the Governing Body who are honest hearted and humble and make the necessary changes on their own, the only way changes will ever be made is through exposure and lawsuits.

Once in, there is no out. ------Al Capone

• metatron
    metatron

I would expect to hear reports that some of the "younger" members of the Governing Body are expressing frustration with contributions

and other evidences of decline. Other than that, I wouldn't expect much from them, isolated and protected as they are.

The more important thing is to watch the "men in the middle", the Circuit Overseers, the District Overseers, the accountants

and other skilled mid level men who keep the organization alive. This is where the Society may crumble. Losing these men

could be critical, especially if some leave - or are expelled - suddenly. That's how major disasters happen.

metatron

• willyloman
    willyloman
    I wonder what pressures they are under? -

Pressure? Millions of dollars in the bank, New York City real estate up the whazoo, idolized by millions (six million, anyway), upstate country club escape, free first class world travel, and the delusion -- reinforced and supported by the rank and file -- that they speak for God.

Not much pressure there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit