Believers, please define your 'God' if you are able to.

by nicolaou 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Satanus
    Satanus

Lol, that was the title of the thread.

S

Ps, i think my god is around here, somewhere. When i find the little bastard, i'll give a description

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Nawww, Nic left an "out" with "...if you are able to"

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    if you are able to"

a god who can be defined is pretty small eh LT?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I have pretty big thoughts, but I agree, even that would be kinda miniscule in comparison to that which cannot be compared

• Legolas
    Legolas
    S Ps, i think my god is around here, somewhere. When i find the little bastard, i'll give a description

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

It's hard to define God....But lately I've been thinking of God is someone who growing in wisdom just like us...only much greater...and because JESUS was always with God...He is close to being as wise as God...being the "1st born of all creation."...

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Well there's an awful lot of beliefs about God - and that's my problem. Take the "God is love" angle. If we are talking about the God of the Bible that is demonstrably untrue so why do so many rational people (and Scots) believe it?! Even a non-biblical Supreme Being or Creator cannot be described as a god of love - just look around you!

So tell me again, why is God love?

And don't give me that 'marvels of creation' argument. Think about it, the more wondrous and magnificent the Universe turns out to be, the greater and more complex God needs to be. (Unless he can create something greater than himself.) And yet to my knowledge no believer, not one, has ever offered an explanation of how life in the form of God came to be.

Evolutionists are poo pooed for suggesting that life arose from non living material. well I say we poo poo the poo pooers!

Nic'

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

You have a problem? When did you first have a problem?? Oh dear, Ethel!

Transcendant experiences are more commonplace than most will confess to. Generally feelings of love and peace are expressed, while in these states.

Love has been extolled as the highest of virtues since, well, ever since, well... ever!

Sorry, I've lost my train of thought. What did you say your problem was again?

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Obfuscation and diversion by irrelevance? C'mon Ross you can do better than that.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    Love has been extolled as the highest of virtues since, well, ever since, well... ever!

I would agree with that by the way but what does it have to do with God?

Love is the Answer - Todd Rundgren

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit